PDA

View Full Version : What to do? Wish list is empty...

Route246
10-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Well, it finally happened. My wish list is empty. After spending a few thousands of dollars since early 2016 my detailing arsenal is complete. BTW, I'm not a pro, just a serious hobbyist.

My toolkit is fully functional and there are no new products to order. What a sick, empty feeling. No more anticipation of unpacking, no more new things to try, nothing. I am months or even in some cases years from needing to re-order anything at this point. It is so depressing when I see those 20%, 25% sales now.

There are no compelling products, DA buffers, pads, MF, brushes, cleaners, DI water systems, compressors, blowers, vacuums, carpet steam cleaners or anything else on the AGO site to buy. I am locked and over-loaded at this point.

I have an RS in the garage with a show-car finish and we have two Prius daily drivers with near show-car finishes. We just gave away our SUV to my nephew and it was polished, sealed, topped and swirl-free. Every vehicle beads like crazy and has little or no swirls to polish out.

I still look forward to Saturday mornings when I have much of the day free to do detailing. I'm still working on my home-grown version of CR Spotless. After that system is finished I may work on a home-grown version of a pad washer. I have some design ideas but hand-washing pads is an enjoyable exercise and I think I have my process pretty well dialed in now.

The only thing I have to look forward to at this point is a bottle of D166 on its way but I'm pretty much settled on 360 at this point. I just wanted to try D166 out of curiosity and boredom.

fly07sti
10-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Then it sounds like you need to come to one of our Bay Area detail days.

dlc95
10-03-2017, 09:26 AM
That is my favorite place to be!

One of the greatest feelings in not needing anything.

BadgerRivFan
10-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Don't despair... SEMA is almost here which means new products are about to be unveiled!

I am right there with you. There is absolutely nothing that I NEED, but it is fun to try out new products. I think last year's release of ECH2O was a game changer for coated vehicles. I wonder if SEMA will have any breakthrough products released this year?

Route246
10-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Actually, I find a perverse side to all of this. I am more motivated than ever to consume as much of the products I have so that I can re-order them or try something new when the supply gets low. I tend to buy as much as I can in gallon quantities so it takes a lot of work to use them up. My wax collection is the toughest, three variations of Collinite, Fuzion and Sonax and it takes a lot of wax applications to use it up. I've done six Fuzion applications and barely dented the can. I have a brand new can of Collinite 915 that I haven't had time to apply because I traded a can of Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax straight up to a friend.

Hammer77
10-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Give it time, just when you think you got it all covered something will spark your interest. And you will have to try it, been there!

Bobby B.
10-03-2017, 03:53 PM
I think you will enjoy working with the new Meguiar's D166 Ultra Polishing Wax. It's a great one-step product.

I have a plethora amount of detailing supplies in my apartment. I'm always giving away products to my neighbors and friends to use. I would like to get the new Simple Chuck's Double Chuck Spotless Water System. Maybe I will treat myself for Christmas?

Klasse Act
10-03-2017, 06:25 PM
OP, do you have Sonax rim shield, just throwing it out there! I bring this up because although my 3x' PL paint coating is holding up fine on my wheels, I'm going to be doing a 1500 mile road trip in a week, a trip that will be VERY hard on the brakes and pads, so the wheels will get slammed and I'm going to get out infront of it by applying a good coat of the Sonax wheel shield.

Route246
10-03-2017, 07:36 PM
OP, do you have Sonax rim shield, just throwing it out there! I bring this up because although my 3x' PL paint coating is holding up fine on my wheels, I'm going to be doing a 1500 mile road trip in a week, a trip that will be VERY hard on the brakes and pads, so the wheels will get slammed and I'm going to get out infront of it by applying a good coat of the Sonax wheel shield.

I don't have that product. I have been using McKee's Hydro Blue on my wheels with great results. The Brembo pads on my RS are really dirty and the dust almost rinses off now. Just requires a little brushing to get it clean.

FUNX650
10-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Well, it finally happened.
My wish list is empty.

My toolkit is fully functional and
there are no new products to order.

There are no compelling products, DA
buffers, pads, MF, brushes, cleaners, DI
water systems, compressors, blowers,
vacuums, carpet steam cleaners or
anything else on the AGO site to buy.

I am locked and over-loaded at this point.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/02C397FE-2501-4636-A5B1-9676F836F1FD.jpeg

Bob

jdgamble
10-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Bummer man. I feel ya. I browse autogeek for something new, but I have everything I need... more than I need. My car looks amazing. I even bought some products for my nephew's car. One thing I did recently was buy some containers and such to organize my gear better. There's an idea for you.

Either way, I feel your pain. Maybe you'll get lucky and spill a container or two. Then you'll "need" to replace with something new!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline