PDA

View Full Version : Sun damage to paint

nickyd845
10-01-2017, 02:44 PM
I keep my show car gagarged I have window in my garage that let's sun through at certain times of the day will this fade my paint over time I have loads of wax on it60386

LSNAutoDetailing
10-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Yes, it’s possible - strong enough UV’s can cause issues. You should put a blind on the window or hang a towel. Not only protection from sun but potential prying eyes that want to see what’s in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Android
10-01-2017, 03:29 PM
I've seen what sun damage can do to wood furniture in the house , so I bet it's the same for cars .
Definitely cover up that window form prying eyes . Sad , but it's the world we live in .

FUNX650
10-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Most residential window glass keeps
out UV-B rays...but, allows UV-A rays
to shine-on-through---providing little
to no protection---all the while: the
vehicle's Sun-exposed surfaces are
being violated.

•Therefore, IMO:
-Board-up all/any garage windows...
-Helps keep out all shapes and forms
of violators'...and their potential assaults...
to a bare minimum.

Bob

Route246
10-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Why not just hang a UV blocking pull shade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VISITOR
10-01-2017, 07:33 PM
at home depot or lowes they sell privacy glass film that you can apply which is really easy to do. they come in frost, dark tint, mirrored, and a few other choices...

VISITOR
10-01-2017, 08:01 PM
here's an example of how easy it is to install by some ordinary everyday people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVi9pEhTqtQ

Desertnate
10-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Rather than a film on the glass, I just picked up some nice looking blinds from the hardware store. Most of the time, we keep them nearly closed so people can't see in the windows, but when I'm working on of our vehicles, I can open them to provide more natural light. This also protects everything inside from sun damage.