PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Speed spray wax

TomGT
10-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone. First time I tried this spray wax... just wanted to put a quick covering on the front of car for bug protection. I ended up doing the whole car. Normally I use regular wax applied by hand instead of a spray wax. It didn't seem to do as well as I hoped. Seemed almost like "fuzzies" from my mf towel got trapped to the paint. Does anyone have any tips for using a spray wax? The directions do say for max shine and protection to follow with traditional wax or polish. Is this spray wax more like an instant detailer?

Thanks for any suggestions/tips

PA DETAILER
10-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Cant say I have tried the Mothers, but the new McKees is fantastic. I had no issues with it at all. Can be used in direct sun too without issue. Can be used as a drying aid also. Maybe next wash, give the Mothers a try as a drying aid. Spray it on after your wash and prior to drying.

https://www.autogeek.net/mckees-trademark-extender-wax.html

Another great wax as you dry product is and will for ever be, Prima.

https://www.autogeek.net/prima-hydro-spray-wax.html

There are also several great spray waxes out there. Everyone is going to have their favorite. Just a matter of finding what works for you.

forrest@mothers
10-01-2017, 09:44 PM
If "fuzzies" are being trapped, it sounds like the paint needs clayed.

Spray Waxes are a lot of things, but they can't clean the paint the way a traditional cleaner wax in liquid form can.

I think you have the directions backwards - I believe it says use a spray wax AFTER a traditional wax.

PA DETAILER
10-02-2017, 09:20 AM
If "fuzzies" are being trapped, it sounds like the paint needs clayed.

Spray Waxes are a lot of things, but they can't clean the paint the way a traditional cleaner wax in liquid form can.

I think you have the directions backwards - I believe it says use a spray wax AFTER a traditional wax.

Good info. Could be the paint needs a good decon/cleaning.

TomGT
10-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will check it and most likely clay again. I live in a rural area so it seems like waxing the front area is an every 2 week thing to try and keep the protection there.