PDA

View Full Version : Opinion alert!! The greatest asset for the modern detailer.

Pages : [1] 2

LEDetailing
10-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Like the title suggests this is strictly my opinion and I'm confident that this has been said before.

I believe the greatest asset for the modern detailer, especially someone starting out is the internet. The internet, including AGO, youtube, commercial retail detailing websites, has an almost limitless amount of information regarding detailing. With a lot of research into products and techniques a complete novice detailer can learn almost all the steps to a high level detail. With that being said I believe the person still has to have a passion for detailing and still needs to have an eye for the smallest of details.

I totally understand being an armchair/keyboard detailer does not qualify someone as being a great detailer, however, the internet is a great place to start. I think the ability to problem solve and think on your feet are also things that cannot be taught. With that being said, how many of us have watched a detailing youtube video, read a thread, or come across a new revolutionary product and instantly thought how we could utilize that information/technique/product in a past or future detail.

Again my opinion and I welcome critique, criticism, and discussion.

BudgetPlan1
10-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Gotta be the Internet; great asset as long as you can discern the wheat from the chaff.

Klasse Act
10-01-2017, 01:47 PM
I'll go with an actual product...rinseless wash!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Android
10-01-2017, 03:36 PM
I agree it's the WWW . I watch videos on You Tube and pull out what I think will work for me . Or just ask " Google " and see what info you get .
Some things I am comfortable doing and others I'm not . It's what is in your comfort level .

PaulMys
10-01-2017, 04:14 PM
(LIKE)

Agreed on the net. I found AG through a Ram truck forum. Read, read, and read some more before asking questions to experienced members.

I now have a great process that fits my personal needs with awesome products I would likely have never found out about without the internet & AG.

FUNX650
10-01-2017, 04:34 PM
I believe the greatest asset for the
modern detailer, especially someone
starting out is the internet.

Gotta be the Internet;

I agree it's the WWW.

Agreed on the net.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_35942.JPG

:)

Bob

PaulMys
10-01-2017, 05:25 PM

Bob

And global warming is REAL. Just look at my cheeks......

LEDetailing
10-01-2017, 05:48 PM

Bob

Awesome.

Invisible like button hit:)

LEDetailing
10-01-2017, 05:54 PM
I'll go with an actual product...rinseless wash!

I agree rinseless wash is the most versatile product. I'm still amazed every time I use D114 or Uber.

However, I cannot get rinseless w/o the ordering the actual product over the internet, nor would I even know that it exists w/o the internet:)

LEDetailing
10-01-2017, 05:57 PM
(LIKE)

Agreed on the net. I found AG through a Ram truck forum. Read, read, and read some more before asking questions to experienced members.

I now have a great process that fits my personal needs with awesome products I would likely have never found out about without the internet & AG.

AGO came across my path one night on one of those random internet searches and it rekindled my obsession with detailing.

PaulMys
10-01-2017, 05:57 PM
I agree rinseless wash is the most versatile product. I'm still amazed every time I use D114 or Uber.

However, I cannot get rinseless w/o the ordering the actual product over the internet, nor would I even know that it exists w/o the internet:)

Klasse Act
10-01-2017, 05:59 PM

However, I cannot get rinseless w/o the ordering the actual product over the internet, nor would I even know that it exists w/o the internet:)Turtle Wax used to see one in the stores but the average Joe probably couldn't grasp the concept, too bad because it was really a great product (not as cost effective but then again it was a 33.8 oz bottle)

LEDetailing
10-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Just realized I made it to 1,000 posts. Do I get a prize? T-shirt, pen, keychain, or bobble head:)

LEDetailing
10-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Turtle Wax used to see one in the stores but the average Joe probably couldn't grasp the concept, too bad because it was really a great product (not as cost effective but then again it was a 33.8 oz bottle)

Meguiar's has their waterless wash and wax at Walmart. Before learning about waterless and rinseless washing I would have literally laughed at someone who tried to sell that to me. You guys all convinced me on the safety of WW and rinseless washing.

atgonzales
10-01-2017, 06:15 PM
The greatest asset to the modern detailer is making personal connections on this forum with members, off the top of my head, Mr Sizzle Chest, The Guz, DaveT, Budget Plan, 512, RonK, (Ron your are in my prayers everyday), Klasse Act, MadMerc, Pro4, just to name a few, when an opportunity comes up and some one reaches out to you make the connection, it will make the small community even tighter and more solid for you....