PDA

View Full Version : Plush vs low pike for drying

TUDM
09-30-2017, 06:18 PM
I know most people prefer WW to dry. I don't in my experience most WW are too rough for my liking. I am currently a plus 1200 Gsm towel. I like it but have only used it twice, I wish it was edgeless though. I have started to see many people recconend a low pile (low 300's Gsm)towel with a drying aidto dry car. Can anyone elaborate why one mf towel is better or safer than the other?

PaulMys
09-30-2017, 06:31 PM
IMO, I think any dedicated drying towel does the job it was intended to do without marring paint as long as it used correctly.

Everyone has their opinions & favorites.

Myself, I air dry with my leaf blower, then just go around and hit the few drops that are left with a towel (I use the Cobra Guzzler).

It is the WW variety, and it does a great job. Again, IMO.

Rsurfer
09-30-2017, 06:48 PM
i know most people prefer ww to dry. I don't in my experience most ww are too rough for my liking. I am currently a plus 1200 gsm towel. I like it but have only used it twice, i wish it was edgeless though. I have started to see many people recconend a low pile (low 300's gsm)towel with a drying aidto dry car. Can anyone elaborate why one mf towel is better or safer than the other?

pfm

FUNX650
09-30-2017, 10:12 PM
Nope...
I can't see me ever trying to use
any kind of pike to dry a vehicle!

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_35915.JPG

Bob