PDA

View Full Version : McKee’s Plastic Trim Restorer

atgonzales
09-30-2017, 03:43 PM
Hello all

This is my 3rd review on a Mckee’s Product: Plastic Trim Restorer

This was used on a SUPER dull tail gate bumper trim protectant on a 2008 Town and Country that I could never, ever get right with other products.

I first used a wet rag to remove surface dirt

Then taped off

I used an APC for further cleaning, I used a brush to foam the APC
60354 60355
I’m going to have to get a McKee’s APC

Wiped down with a wet rag and allowed to dry

Now on to recommend McKee’s Wax removal and again brushed on the trim

And now Mckee’s Plastic Trim Restorer

I used a small foam pad, I gentley poured the product on the pad and spread it on the trim
60360 60361

Taped removed:

My impressions and conclusion, YES, I let the trim go and yes I tried to correct it with other products with failures over the years but now it looks great, does it look factory fresh NO WAY, it’s close to 10 years old with multiple attempts and failures, for me on this trim almost 10 years old; faded, scrapped from Home Depot purchases, softball games sitting in the sun, Chicagoland winters, it looks GREAT, please don’t let your trim go this bad. This product did what it says it does..RESTORE. Another great product from McKee’s. I hope you enjoyed this product review, Total time for this small project 30 minutes from set up and end...ok I’m slow

Side note:
All product purchases were made by me...

PA DETAILER
09-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Glad you like it. Good product!

DaveT435
09-30-2017, 08:50 PM
Looks good. I'll be interested to see how the durability is.

Marc08EX
10-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Great review atgonzales!

Your trim now looks great! I hope you experience the same durability as I did.

wing commander
10-01-2017, 01:21 AM
I think you should also mention that no rabbits were injured in the process of your review.

Desertnate
10-02-2017, 08:29 AM
I too used this product over the weekend and am very impressed so far. It really restored my faded plastic and rubber trim to a nice, dark, like-new appearance. A little product goes a VERY long way. Clean up is very easy too when it gets on things other than trim. In the past I've used the Blackfire trim sealant and when that gets on glass or paint it is almost impossible to remove. The McKee's product simply wipes away.

My only complaint is the bottle top. The product is really thin and the opening on the pop top really allows a lot to flow out if you aren't careful. That said, I'd never let the packaging detract for a great product.