PDA

View Full Version : How are you guys invoicing? Computer/Paper

m4gician
01-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey guys,

I always invoice via computer to laser printer. I don't have any hard copies which I can write in (i.e. carbon copies). So I've used a GREAT free invoicing program called Volutive. It's free and VERY customizable.

It keeps records, as well as allows a lot of customization. I've tried using Quickbooks Easy Start, but I don't think I have enough to fork over for the Pro version. I can't actually "download" a Canadian version of the software so that's a no no.

Do you guys use preprinted carbon copy forms or computer invoicing? I feel the latter is more professional in one sense, but is impractical during hot summer days or being mobile.

Here's a picture of my invoice sample, anything I'm missing at all? Before you start complaining about my prices, I actually processed this as a repair to my OWN car as his daughter hit me in a parking lot. Rather than go to a body shop, I would try and take this fender scrub on my own.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/aaronprakash/invoicesample.jpg

budman3
01-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the name of the program. My little background in invoicing and inventories was in QuickBooks... it was very user friendly and very effective. Not sure it would be worth the money if programs like these are available for free, especially for a one man detailing business.

quicknclean
01-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Purchased an older version of Quickbooks Premier off someone on craigslist, 2003 version I think. Works great for me. Paid like $40 for it. Lots of older software can be had for cheap on craigslist or ebay and works great IMO.

m4gician
01-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Purchased an older version of Quickbooks Premier off someone on craigslist, 2003 version I think. Works great for me. Paid like $40 for it. Lots of older software can be had for cheap on craigslist or ebay and works great IMO.

Ya, I understand, My quickbooks easystart lacks the ability to customize invoices, it really is quite lame actually. The only versions that do that are the pro, but the invoice I showed you, was produced with a FREE program called volutive, I can't believe HOW MUCH OF IT IS FREE, so many functions and works well.

I was also looking for a critique of my invoice, maybe let me know what I can do better/doing wrong?

Surfer
01-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Hmm I'll have to look that company up and maybe use them, I sometimes need to invoice in my Commercial/Acquisition biz but have my own contracts written up for that, this may come in handy though.....thanks