PDA

View Full Version : Liquid WOWA sealant enough protection for Pacific Northwest winter?

Pages : [1] 2

koj11
09-27-2017, 09:51 PM
I've been a consistent user of Blackfire Wet Diamond and Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealants and have been very happy with the results. I've really been wanting to try one of their liquid variants. The thought of being able to do my entire car in 15 minutes or so sounds great.

It's time to prep the car for winter, and being in the Pacific Northwest, we can sometimes have long and grueling winters. My car is also parked outside every day. I'm concerned about the longevity and level of protection of Crystal Seal or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid sealant versus their traditional waxy brethren.

Does anyone have good experience comparing these products, especially in a longer term setting or during a snowy winter with de-icer and salt on the roads? Maybe being so easy to use, I could find a day halfway through that was above freezing and re-apply if necessary (which also presents the question...how warm does it need to be to apply these products?)?

All thoughts and input are much appreciated. I'm planning on getting prepped for winter in the next week or two. Thanks in advance!

yellosuzku
09-28-2017, 07:47 AM
My only experience with a WOWA is Optimum Opti-Seal.

I haven't tested it for a full winter but it looks good and is very easy to apply. It's easy enough that you could just apply another coat midwinter if you desire. According to the product description it's starts flashing almost immediately once sprayed on the paint, I would assume it would take a few seconds longer at colder temps but should still work fine.

RippyD
09-28-2017, 08:23 AM
I'm about to test a few right before the rain starts. Just too many products to test them all. Hoping to get a few samples and maybe get a 2nd round of testing in before our rain is over. Will have to see how it goes.

Dr Oldz
09-28-2017, 12:08 PM
I know 2 costs of Ultima PGP can last a winter on an outside vehicle in the North East with salt spray and snow. Not sure if that helps you as you didn’t mention Ultima but it is a wowa sealant.

Nix
09-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Ultimate fast finish might be another good choice..first time i will be testing on my daily driver during this northeast winter..

koj11
09-28-2017, 03:31 PM
I know 2 costs of Ultima PGP can last a winter on an outside vehicle in the North East with salt spray and snow. Not sure if that helps you as you didn’t mention Ultima but it is a wowa sealant.

I haven't looked at UPGP. Is it more durable than the Blackfire and Wolfgang options?

DaveT435
09-28-2017, 04:50 PM

I put this on my mother's car, actually an older version, and got 18 months out of it. It was still going pretty strong but had to repolish the car because of light scratches. No winter, but the Texas sun is brutal. Great product.

AZpolisher15
09-29-2017, 12:51 AM
I haven't looked at UPGP. Is it more durable than the Blackfire and Wolfgang options?

It’s about the same.

Dr Oldz
09-29-2017, 01:45 AM

I really haven’t done a side by side. So honestly I can’t say. Sorry. But I have never been disappointed with Ultima tbh.

Dr Oldz
09-29-2017, 01:46 AM
I put this on my mother's car, actually an older version, and got 18 months out of it. It was still going pretty strong but had to repolish the car because of light scratches. No winter, but the Texas sun is brutal. Great product.

Wow!! Did u apply one coat or more?

Dereksdtail
09-29-2017, 04:58 AM
I know two coats of C2v3 can make it through the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crispy
10-03-2017, 08:28 PM
My only experience with a WOWA is Optimum Opti-Seal.

I haven't tested it for a full winter but it looks good and is very easy to apply. It's easy enough that you could just apply another coat midwinter if you desire. According to the product description it's starts flashing almost immediately once sprayed on the paint, I would assume it would take a few seconds longer at colder temps but should still work fine.

I live in South Western Ontario Canada.

Opti-Seal will last the whole winter no problem.

Easy to apply but should have paint as good as you want before use.

In spring repeat.

The Guz
10-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Ultimate fast finish might be another good choice..first time i will be testing on my daily driver during this northeast winter..

This is a good option.

I have used opti-seal but I wasn't too impressed with it. I thought it was rather weak in it's protection and that is coming from someone on the west coast. Meguiar's UFF seemed to perform much better at least in the 3ish months I used it prior to coating my car.

koj11
10-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Thanks for all the input. After reading all the replies and doing some more research of my own, I think it would be best to stick with WDGPS for my winter protection and wait to try out a WOWA sealant until my spring detail.

yakky
10-05-2017, 06:29 PM
For me optiseal beading lasts for a solid 3 months maybe more. The slickness wears out a lot sooner though. Ultima, at least the old version used to do weird stuff with water. It would sheet well but if you got droplets they wouldn't move, like if you lifted your hood, the water wouldn't roll off.

TBH, I'd just get McKee's 37 coating and put it on squeaky clean paint. You don't have to polish beforehand just remove your wax/LSP.