PDA

View Full Version : Post Track Day Wheel Cleaning

havasu486
09-27-2017, 11:04 AM
I have been tracking my car this year. My wheels have been ceramic coated twice yet cleaning after a track day is impossible. I always wait for the following day and start with a power washer to remove track rubber. (The only place a power washer touches my car) I have always utilized the Griots Garage wheel cleaner with great results, under normal conditions. I am doing my best to keep a tracked car in the best shape I can but am finding it difficult to do both. Any hints on product or technique would be greatly appreciated.

Desertnate
09-27-2017, 12:11 PM
I've only tracked once, but didn't have any issues getting the brake dust off. I used my normal wheel cleaner and brushes.

Are you running track pads? Are the wheels a rougher/matte/satin finish? I'm just trying to imagine why they'd be so hard to clean since you didn't leave the dust to bake/harden on the wheels and they were coated.
Maybe a product like Sonax wheel cleaner or IronX that dissolve the metallic deposits might work better.

SWETM
09-27-2017, 02:19 PM
I would test carpro Trix which dissolves tar tire rubber and brakedust iron. Or Sonax wheelcleaner/carpro ironx and a tar remover if trix doesnt do the job.