PDA

View Full Version : Question about hand polishing

makdaddy626
01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Ok, I'm not fit enough or crazy enough to try and really polish a full vehicle by hand, but I've seen several posts where people mention polishing areas that are to small to get to with a machine by hand. Anyway, my question is, do you use the same polish you used with the machine or do you have a favorite polish for these areas that behaves better by hand?

Andy Wayan
01-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi,

Hopefully i could shed some light for u.
85% of my clients' car are relatively new there swirlmarks, marring are at it minimal so to speak.
When I encounter with a situation like this...i would do hand grooming. MEaning no machine what so ever...strictly elbow grease.

But I do have an aid..the Polishing Pal to apply what eva not on the car's surfaces. BUt of course with different colour pads to suit the werk and application.

Starters, it proved to be tedious, tiring and not to mention the amount of sweat i get..possibly could fill up a bucket..aided with the tropical weather here where it could get as hot as the mountains of Mordor! khekhehekhkehkehe

After a couple of cars..i get the hang of it..and able to do it within 3 hrs.

As for the products used for hand grooming..me..i used a different type..am using Duragloss products, easily remove by hand alone...while machine..i would used Pinnacle Advanced swirl remover or Menzerna..

Hope it helps...

Cheers

ScottB
01-15-2008, 05:39 PM
I have only found one polish to date that looks acceptable with hand polishing at thats Clearkotes Vanilla Moose Glaze. Its probably the fillers more so, as hand polish cannot replicate a machine.