PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaner

v1ru5879
09-23-2017, 09:36 PM
You gotta clean a car interior but you have no supplies, you happen to be by a Walmart, what items are you buying to clean a daily driven truck with leather interior? I have heard of using tide cold water diluted but would you rather go for dedicated car products or go an alternate route?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
09-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Start by giving your truck a thorough vacuuming. Then pick up some Meguiars Leather & Vinyl Cleaner spray.

Make sure to get this 1 and not the other 1 that looks like this, because the other 1 is light duty and you won't get the results you're looking for.

http://www.autogeek.net/gold-class-leather-cleaner.html

Buy a soft brush for scrubbing the leather with that cleaner. They'll most likely have brushes made of nylon, just make sure it's not too stiff.

Buy a pack of microfiber towels.

Use the leather cleaner with the towels to wipedown your door panels and dash. Scrub if necessary.

Get a can of Tuff Stuff foaming cleaner, you'll use that to clean your carpets with a stiff nylon brush. Use terry towels to mop up the mess immediately after scrubbing.

Buy some glass cleaner made for cars and use a new microfiber towel to clean your windows.

But a Meguiars Air Refresher. It's a little can fogger. Use it last.

Follow those steps should see a dramatic difference on your interior.

Mad Wax
09-23-2017, 10:26 PM
Super Clean!

Mad Wax
09-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Super Clean!

Diluted of course!

v1ru5879
09-23-2017, 11:05 PM
Funny enough if you head to the home cleaning section they have pretty much much the exact same brushes for cheap. I would also do the meguires fogger, those things are awesome! I've never used a dedicated leather cleaner usually an APC diluted 10:1 but considering trying the lexol or meguires one a while back but figured I'd be spending money on more products I don't necessarily need

Eldorado2k
09-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Which APC have you used 10:1?

ducksfan
09-23-2017, 11:42 PM
I would get Meguiars Ultimate whatever. Use their rinseless (about 1/2 gallon at maybe twice the rec'd dilution strenght in a bucket.) to wipe everything down. Then use whatever other products you want to spend the money on to specialty clean and protect.

v1ru5879
09-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Which APC have you used 10:1?My bad it was actually 20:1 the CG all clean +