PDA

View Full Version : MF Towel edges

Pages : [1] 2 3

TUDM
09-23-2017, 04:08 PM
I like using MF towels to detail my cars but the edges have always been a real concern for me as I always think the edges can scratch.I now always get edgeless but when it comes to drying not many edgeless choices and the few are always really big like bath towel size. To be honest after using edgeless I like the quality of towels with a edge as most edgeless towels feel of lesser quality construction. I would like to hear opinions on MF towel edges scratching and MF drying towels safety,plush vs lower pile vs WW? Most WW I have purchased don't feel very soft and are too rough for my liking. I am going to test out a new drying towel today extra plush 1200 Gsm!

wgasa84
09-23-2017, 04:49 PM
I like using MF towels to detail my cars but the edges have always been a real concern for me as I always think the edges can scratch.I now always get edgeless but when it comes to drying not many edgeless choices and the few are always really big like bath towel size. To be honest after using edgeless I like the quality of towels with a edge as most edgeless towels feel of lesser quality construction. I would like to hear opinions on MF towel edges scratching and MF drying towels safety,plush vs lower pile vs WW? Most WW I have purchased don't feel very soft and are too rough for my liking. I am going to test out a new drying towel today extra plush 1200 Gsm!I'm going to have a drying towel review completed in approx 3 weeks. 30+ towels. Waffle weave, plush, ultra plush and even a few different towels with similar weaves as Griots PFM.

Since some of the towels are not sold at AGO I will be posting it on Autopia and possibly (if I have time) only posting the towels that are sold on AGO on this form to keep within the rules.

I posted a list of the towels on Autopia...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wgasa84
09-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Not sure why I'm having problems posting today...
I tried to edit my last post with this in it but oh well...

Currently I'm using waffle waves and have had decent luck without maring the paint. I've used a CG woolie mammoth and it seemed awesome but I've only used it once. Same for a PFM style towel. The waffle weaves take more towels to do the same job, and generally I have to touch the paint more with a WW.

TUDM
09-23-2017, 11:26 PM
Thank you, I will look for that review. I used a new MF madness extra plush drying towel 1200 Gsm today and I really liked it. Also used OPT power clean for the first time and I cleaned my tires with it. Power clean gave them that new tire look which I really like, I used a tuff shine tire brush best tire brush I have ever used for low profile tires.

KirkH
09-23-2017, 11:29 PM
Towel edges scratching the paint, in my opinion, depends on the paint/paint condition. My 2016 Camaro- yep, towel edges mar the paint. On my 2010 Jeep Wrangler, nothing.

TUDM
09-23-2017, 11:33 PM
What color is your Camaro? Any suggestions on plush edgeless MF towels which are not bath towel size?

Eldorado2k
09-23-2017, 11:40 PM
I'm going to have a drying towel review completed in approx 3 weeks. 30+ towels. Waffle weave, plush, ultra plush and even a few different towels with similar weaves as Griots PFM.

Since some of the towels are not sold at AGO I will be posting it on Autopia and possibly (if I have time) only posting the towels that are sold on AGO on this form to keep within the rules.

I posted a list of the towels on Autopia...

I saw your thread over there a couple of days ago. It's too bad you're not doing it here, because the community over there is doing a lame job of supporting your efforts. You asked for suggestions and got 1 reply... Is anyone alive over there?

KirkH
09-23-2017, 11:47 PM
What color is your Camaro? Any suggestions on plush edgeless MF towels which are not bath towel size?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4385/36950516081_7cf72427cb_c.jpg

Any suggestions on plush edgeless MF towels which are not bath towel size?

Unfortunately not without breaking forum rules. The AG doesn't sell the ones that I use. But they are Edgeless, made in South Korea and 70/30 fiber. :props:

Eldorado2k
09-23-2017, 11:49 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4385/36950516081_7cf72427cb_c.jpg

Any suggestions on plush edgeless MF towels which are not bath towel size?

Unfortunately not without breaking forum rules. The AG doesn't sell the ones that I use. But they are Edgeless, made in South Korea and 70/30 fiber. :props:

Just get a large Big Blue. The edges are soft.

KirkH
09-23-2017, 11:51 PM
Just get a large Big Blue. The edges are soft.

Link?

Eldorado2k
09-23-2017, 11:56 PM
Link?

Here

http://www.autogeek.net/extra-large-drying-towel.html

KirkH
09-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Here

Big Blue Microfiber Drying Towel, 40 x 28 (http://www.autogeek.net/extra-large-drying-towel.html)

That's high dollar for a made in China towel (albeit with Korean fabric.) I personally don't trust Chinese made towels. China manufacturers do not know or care about manufacturing standards, in any manufacturing industry. They can say that it is Korean fabric, and that they treat the fabric as cleanly as Korea, but I, for myself and for no one else, don't trust Chinese manufacturing.

This is just my opinion. Your opinion may vary.

Eldorado2k
09-24-2017, 12:52 AM
That's high dollar for a made in China towel (albeit with Korean fabric.) I personally don't trust Chinese made towels. China manufacturers do not know or care about manufacturing standards, in any manufacturing industry. They can say that it is Korean fabric, and that they treat the fabric as cleanly as Korea, but I, for myself and for no one else, don't trust Chinese manufacturing.

This is just my opinion. Your opinion may vary.

So you've been to China to confirm this? Lol.

Personally, I don't give a rip where a towel's made. If it's good, I'll use it.

I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you were given 2 towels to inspect.

KirkH
09-24-2017, 01:45 AM
So you've been to China to confirm this? Lol.

Personally, I don't give a rip where a towel's made. If it's good, I'll use it.

I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you were given 2 towels to inspect.

Hahaha you challenged the wrong person! I totally can. I have done so many group buys on the Camaro forum, and bought them 500 at a time wholesale from theragcompany. I have bought literally thousands of towels and I promise you I can tell a Chinese towel every time. I give out free towels at car shows, etc to advertise my business.

Here's how: drop a Chinese towel in sone leaves and sticks type material. Pick it up and shake it. You will never get all the junk out. Take a Korean towel and do the same thing. All of the junk shakes right out.

A China towel takes about 3 washings to start fraying and get rough. Korean towels never do.

Remember the Chinese dog food poisonings and the baby formula poisonings?

Also there's my thread from this week on the Camaro6 forum about my Chinese made wheel having a cast fissure and it being replaced free by Chevrolet. Search it. Same user name.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

fightnews
09-24-2017, 02:36 AM
I like using MF towels to detail my cars but the edges have always been a real concern for me as I always think the edges can scratch.I now always get edgeless but when it comes to drying not many edgeless choices and the few are always really big like bath towel size. To be honest after using edgeless I like the quality of towels with a edge as most edgeless towels feel of lesser quality construction. I would like to hear opinions on MF towel edges scratching and MF drying towels safety,plush vs lower pile vs WW? Most WW I have purchased don't feel very soft and are too rough for my liking. I am going to test out a new drying towel today extra plush 1200 Gsm!

I dont like plush drying towels they create to much drag. I use edgeless and edged to but Ive never seen an edge scratch my car. Unless you have a cheap towel the edges are fine.