PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Cleaners???

Pages : [1] 2

willowcat11
09-19-2017, 11:10 PM
For anyone that has ever used 3D Towel Kleen($18/128oz.)

and

any of the other top brands cleaners like Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Mckee's(which are all priced around the same ($15-18/16oz.)

Have you ever seen anything in those top brands that would really justify paying that much more money over the 3D Towel Kleen.

$18/128oz. Compared to $18/16oz. Seems like a big difference if there isn't much of a difference in cleaning quality.

mwoywod
09-20-2017, 12:51 AM
I've tried Wolfgang, Micro-Restore, and 3D Towel Kleen.

I'm 99% certain the Wolfgang, Blackfire, Pinnacle, etc. are all basically micro-restore just with added surfactants.

In my experience Micro-restore is very good.

Some guys say 3D Towel Kleen doesn't rinse away as well as Micro-restore.

I personally set my my washing machine to do the "extra rinse" and I add in two ounces of vinegar (which is probably far less than most people) but I honestly can't tell a difference. The biggest thing in my opinion is pre-soaking to break down wax/sealants/silicones and using very little detergent.

I'm going to start using Charlie's Soap (liquid) on my towels. It's a really cheap and concentrated soap that is truly "free and clear" and is really effective on grease. It's all I use on my work clothes, bath towels, etc. It seems work well & keep my clothes really soft without having to using any fabric softeners so I'm going to use it instead of 3D towel Kleen for the next month and see if I can notice any difference (good or bad) with my microfiber towels.

TTQ B4U
09-20-2017, 05:38 AM

I use 3D and love it. Subscribing to learn more but I'm pretty confident it will hold out as a strong product in this space.

DogRescuer
09-20-2017, 05:53 AM
When do you add vinegar?

I've tried Wolfgang, Micro-Restore, and 3D Towel Kleen.

I'm 99% certain the Wolfgang, Blackfire, Pinnacle, etc. are all basically micro-restore just with added surfactants.

In my experience Micro-restore is very good.

Some guys say 3D Towel Kleen doesn't rinse away as well as Micro-restore.

I personally set my my washing machine to do the "extra rinse" and I add in two ounces of vinegar (which is probably far less than most people) but I honestly can't tell a difference. The biggest thing in my opinion is pre-soaking to break down wax/sealants/silicones and using very little detergent.

I'm going to start using Charlie's Soap (liquid) on my towels. It's a really cheap and concentrated soap that is truly "free and clear" and is really effective on grease. It's all I use on my work clothes, bath towels, etc. It seems work well & keep my clothes really soft without having to using any fabric softeners so I'm going to use it instead of 3D towel Kleen for the next month and see if I can notice any difference (good or bad) with my microfiber towels.

JeffW
09-20-2017, 05:57 AM
My view on items that are (seemingly) less technical is that there can't be much difference between any of the name/popular brands, and they all do what they are said to do. Assuming that is correct, I typically don't consider the most expensive nor the least expensive and go for the best value of everything inbetween. I set the washer to pre-soak & extra rinse and use cold/cold water.

So far I've used most of the ones listed in this thread and more and frankly am always happy with the one I am using, cuz it's the best deal at the time I bought it.

JeffW

JCDetails
09-20-2017, 06:21 AM
I had a bottle of CG fiber wash kicking around that I got for free a while back. Used it as directed in my washer with an extra rinse and a couple ounces of vinegar in the bleach cup. Then tumbled dry on my samsung dryers extra low heat setting as air fluff wasn't cutting it. I think the front loaders are sealed too tight. I tested extra low heat on a few of my less important micro fibers and it didn't harm them at all. Ideally id let them air dry but I was on a time crunch with a job the next day

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

DogRescuer
09-20-2017, 07:25 AM
From my experience I will disagree that brands don't matter. I was using tide free n clear and switched to All to save money but will be switching back, the All isn't as good.

My view on items that are (seemingly) less technical is that there can't be much difference between any of the name/popular brands, and they all do what they are said to do. Assuming that is correct, I typically don't consider the most expensive nor the least expensive and go for the best value of everything inbetween. I set the washer to pre-soak & extra rinse and use cold/cold water.

So far I've used most of the ones listed in this thread and more and frankly am always happy with the one I am using, cuz it's the best deal at the time I bought it.

JeffW

RippyD
09-20-2017, 07:58 AM
3D Towel Kleen seems to work as well or better for me. I rinse my towels at least twice when using it.

evo77
09-20-2017, 08:15 AM

From my experience I will disagree that brands don't matter. I was using tide free n clear and switched to All to save money but will be switching back, the All isn't as good.

Interesting. I've been considering trying out a free and clear detergent as I recall seeing a youtube video from The Rag Company and I believe a chemist from OPT talking about the best cleaner for MF. They said free n clear was a great option.

I checked Walmart and they have a bottle of Purex F&C at 4.6 cents per oz. Sounds like a great value. And based on the rating and reviews, Purex is highly regarded.

derass
09-20-2017, 11:12 AM
I use Towel Kleen as well. It performs well, it's cost-effective and it's versatile. I use it in the washing machine with my MF towels, at 4:1 in a spray bottle as a pad cleaner, and to soak used pads as I'm buffing out a car. Great product.

fightnews
09-20-2017, 01:03 PM

and

any of the other top brands cleaners like Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Mckee's(which are all priced around the same ($15-18/16oz.)

Have you ever seen anything in those top brands that would really justify paying that much more money over the 3D Towel Kleen.

$18/128oz. Compared to $18/16oz. Seems like a big difference if there isn't much of a difference in cleaning quality.

I like the pinnacle one better then the 3d. I buy it by the gallon you only need 2oz for a large load 1oz for a small. The towels come out noticeably better when you use the right amount, less is more with stuff.

Kappy
09-20-2017, 02:27 PM
I’m probably in the minority, but I didn’t get good results with Towel Kleen.

For several years I used Detailer’s Pro Microfiber Cleaner, which worked very well. I was finally near the end of my original gallon, and discovered that the DP Cleaner was no longer available. At the same time, there were several positive reviews for 3D Towel Kleen, and it was so much less expensive than other cleaners, I decided to try it.

After several weeks of using Towel Kleen, I noticed that while the towels were clean, they no longer felt soft and didn’t absorb the rinseless solution in the bucket the way they used to. I had just enough of the old DP Cleaner to wash one batch of towels, and it restored the softness and absorbency.

I finally bought some McKee’s 37 Microfiber Cleaner, after contacting Nick, who said it's an improved version of the original Detailer’s Pro product. All I can say is that it works as well, if not better, than the Detailer’s Pro, and while more expensive than some microfiber cleaners, a gallon will last me a few years, so it’s not a big investment.

I have found that with any of the detergents it’s better to use a little less than the recommended amount, at least until you do a few loads and get an idea of how much you need. To me, a half load or full load, as stated in the directions, doesn't have much meaning, without knowing the number of towels that's supposed to represent. If you check the washer during the rinse cycle, and still see a lot of suds, you’re probably using too much.

I don’t know if the water quality in different parts of the country affects the results, and while some might be very satisfied with Towel Kleen, for me there’s no comparison and I prefer the McKee’s 37 Microfiber Cleaner.

JCDetails
09-20-2017, 02:31 PM
I have found that with any of the detergents it’s better to use a little less than the recommended amount, at least until you do a few loads and get an idea of how much you need. To me, a half load or full load, as stated in the directions, doesn't have much meaning, without knowing the number of towels that's supposed to represent. If you check the washer during the rinse cycle, and still see a lot of suds, you’re probably using too much.

Definitely, with the recommended amount of CG Fiberwash I saw very light suds but a noticeable color difference in the wash water that told me stuff was coming out of the towels for sure.

Also highly recommend using the extra rinse cycle as insurance against any leftover detergent and/or residue. And for extra insurance against my wife murdering me, I run a self clean cycle on the washer with a few ounces of vinegar in the detergent cup.

DogRescuer
09-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Cheaper doesn't always mean better.

AllAroundGeek
09-20-2017, 04:11 PM
After several weeks of using Towel Kleen, I noticed that while the towels were clean, they no longer felt soft and didn’t absorb the rinseless solution in the bucket the way they used to...

This has been my experience with 3D Towel Kleen as well. I noticed that my CarPro waffle drying towels are not as soft, so I need to find a better alternative. Unfortunately have a gallon of 3D Towel Kleen to use up first.