PDA

View Full Version : ONR Pre-Spray Finger Saver and OCD

Two3zz
09-19-2017, 11:15 AM
Took a while to pull the trigger. This Summer I finally added 'Rinseless Washing' to my son and I's arsenal.
Thought I would share here what I do...

1. If we're look'n just a bit extra Dirty/Dusty, I will rinse it down with the Hose first, then pre-spray, then ONR wash.
2. If not so bad, I'll pre-spray, then ONR wash.
3. If looking good, just show it the love with an ONR wash.

Right now I like using a quick shpritz of Optimum Car Wax as the drying aid. :xyxthumbs:
Must be doing something right. The neighbors are saying "new truck'' ? "looks nice". (bought it used).

Pre-Spray/Finger Saver = Battery OP Garden Sprayer which holds a gallon of ONR @256:1. I braved shortening the wand as it was too long. All work out good. The adjustable nozzle is brass, so don't be a doofus and bang the car with it.

OCD = using Distilled Water when brewing up the ONR.
When I'm done, I pour remaining solution into a secondary bucket, rinse out solution bucket and Grit Guard,
then pour solution though my strainer rig back into bucket that has a Gamma Lid and store for next use.
Those are Paint Strainers . My wife and son work for a Auto Body Shop.

Finick
09-19-2017, 02:08 PM
Pretty nice set up.

I was using a garden pump sprayer for awhile, but I really got tired of lugging a gallon in the sprayer and my bucket around while I washed my car, so I ended up going back to just presoaking with a little 16oz spray bottle. Using this was less than ideal because I spend more time presoaking panels than actually washing the dang car, so I was on the lookout for a better solution. I'm just washing an Altima, and I honestly could (and probably should) just mix up half a gallon of solution at a time to wash my car. I always end up with so much wasted product. I've tried throwing a lid on the solution and storing it, but considering I mix with my tap water, after a week or so the solution just smells real funky.

Recently when looking into waterless washes I noticed people using little handheld pump sprayers, like the one here;

BLACKFIRE Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer, pump sprayer, pressurized spray bottle (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-pump-sprayer.html)

I picked up something similar locally for a little bit cheaper, and it's really been great. It holds about 48oz, so it's not too cumbersome, and when mixing up a gallon (less waste) I can just fill it up with that same solution. A few quick pumps is enough to presoak about half the car pretty liberally. It also has the added benefit of only being about 12" tall, so I can just keep it in my bucket and store it on the shelf out of the way. The garden sprayer didn't really have a dedicated spot, so it ended up just feeling in the way for me.

Depending on how the sprayer holds up, I may grab one and mix up my megs D143 in it, because that's another area I get tired of constantly squeezing my triggers.