PDA

View Full Version : 1 Step Polish

Pages : [1] 2

uhohitsstevo
09-19-2017, 07:00 AM
So I am going to be using GTechniq CSL after I correct my car. I am using a GG6 polished and have flat lake country pads. I am currently planning on using m205 but I think I want something with a faster work in time and something that doesn't dust as much.

Looking for:

low dust

fast work in time

removes defects and polishes out to a great shine so only need to use one product.

Valky
09-19-2017, 07:16 AM
Rupes UHS, as one step polish with cutting rate at 8 out of 10 and finish so perfect, I never found any other 1 step compound to compete with them. It also a true Zero dust in any situation as well.

atgonzales
09-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Sonax perfect finish 4-6

Bruno Soares
09-19-2017, 07:23 AM
You need to be careful because if you're coating the car you want to avoid an AIO because those contains waxes/sealants. M205 might be ok. If you need more cut, perhaps Menzerna 2500 which has more cut and still finishes well enough you might be ready for LSP after that. Either way you'll have to IPA or CarPro Eraser the entire car before the coating but it's easier to remove polishing oils than a wax or sealant you just put down with an AIO.

uhohitsstevo
09-19-2017, 08:02 AM
I am not looking for all in one. I am just looking for a one step

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

atgonzales
09-19-2017, 08:05 AM
Forgot Carpro essence

uhohitsstevo
09-19-2017, 08:19 AM
Forgot Carpro essence

Main thing I am looking for is good correction with enough gloss to not need to use another product

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

atgonzales
09-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Carpro essence will do correction

Mike Phillips
09-19-2017, 08:33 AM
All of these will do the job but with ANY compound or polish except for CarPro Essence or GYEON PRIME you'll have to chemical strip the paint before applying the coating.

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
SONAX EX 04-06
Menzerna 3800
McKee's 37 Fast Polish
Jescar doesn't make a medium cut polish just a compound and a fine cut polish but you can probably get away with the compound if you don't use too sharp of a foam pad
Optimum Polish II
GYEON Q2M Polish
BLACKFIRE SRC Polish

That's off the top of my head...

:)

DaveT435
09-19-2017, 09:09 AM
Sonax Perfect Finish or Optimin Hyperpolish. No dusting with HyperPolish..

uhohitsstevo
09-19-2017, 09:22 AM
All of these will do the job but with ANY compound or polish except for CarPro Essence or GYEON PRIME you'll have to chemical strip the paint before applying the coating.

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
SONAX EX 04-06
Menzerna 3800
McKee's 37 Fast Polish
Jescar doesn't make a medium cut polish just a compound and a fine cut polish but you can probably get away with the compound if you don't use too sharp of a foam pad
Optimum Polish II
GYEON Q2M Polish
BLACKFIRE SRC Polish

That's off the top of my head...

:)

mike what would be your recommended use. Planning on using orange or white pad.

zmcgovern45
09-19-2017, 10:25 AM
If you're seeing a lot of dusting with M205, something is not right. This is perhaps the only product that I have continued to use since day 1 of my "detailing career". It is a low dusting product. The dusty culprit is likely your pads or technique... it is much harder than people realize to clean your pads to the point where there is no residue left in/on them. Any residue left in/on a pad will create dusting.

M205 also has as long or short of a working time as you need it to thanks to SMAT. There is no need to work the product excessively since the abrasives do not break down as you work them. If you can achieve enough cut in 1 pass, then you're done. Also, M205 is extremely versatile. If you need more cut, first try to simply use a more aggressive pad, then if needed, increase the amount of product used to increase the amount of abrasives per given area. M205 works very nicely on Orange or White Lake Country pads.

In any case, some other nice options are Griot's BOSS Correcting Cream or Optimum Hyper Polish.

mwoywod
09-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Like Zach said, M205 is a great 1-step. I don't really reach for it anymore because it's NOT very trim friendly.

HD Polish+ also uses SMAT abrasives and even with an aggressive foam pad generally finishes very well. It also is trim friendly, sun friendly, and smells great. It's HD Speed without the sealants/waxes/silicones which is why it's my favorite 1-step on paints with very minor marring and swirls.

Boss Correcting Cream is unbelievably good but my current bottle has practically turned into water it is so runny. The boss creams are something special and really easy to use BUT unless they are kept in a basement where the temperature is 68-72 degrees and no humidity all the boss polishes and compounds tend to get VERY runny. (Still worth it though)

If I was told I could only have one polish/compound. Scholl Concepts S20 Black would be it. It cut's great with a Rotary and wool. It finishes amazing with DA and a white polishing pad , and is the most incredible 1-step compounds I've ever used with a heavy foam polishing pad.

It's a shame Autogeek stopped carrying the Scholl Concept's line. Even if they could just offer S30+, S20 Black, and S3 Gold XXL. AG sells a ton of compounds and polishes that utilize better abrasive technology than Scholl's, but if you encounter a lot of soft/sticky paints I can't imagine trying to troubleshoot the issue without access to scholl's.

custmsprty
09-19-2017, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=uhohitsstevo;1528758]I am not looking for all in one. I am just looking for a one step

Sonax EX 04-06

DA-specific version of SONAX Perfect Finish

SONAX EX 04-06 250 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-ex-0406-250.html)

dlc95
09-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Rupes UHS, as one step polish with cutting rate at 8 out of 10 and finish so perfect, I never found any other 1 step compound to compete with them. It also a true Zero dust in any situation as well.

This, and Quarz are fantastic for that application. Menzerna PF2500 as well.

A lot of times I can get away with Rupes Keramik on their yellow microfiber discs.

I've also tried Keramik on the green pads, which is work better than I would have thought. That Keramik is a pretty versatile polish. The cut can be manipulated, and leaves a great finish.

I'll be trying Quarz on yellow foam pad next time the Keramim/yellow foam isn't strong enough, and the yellow microfiber hazes.