PDA

View Full Version : Product Update: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating After 11 Months

Pages : [1] 2

Marc08EX
09-18-2017, 01:31 PM
This is not really a product review but more of a longevity update on my Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-ceramic-coating.html).

I reviewed this product before. If you're interested, please check my review thread out: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/99034-review-wolfgang-uber-ceramic-coating.html).

Anyway, for this vehicle, the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-ceramic-coating.html) was applied 11 months ago. This car is a daily driven vehicle and parked outside during work hours. It was blasted by the sun everyday while at work. Even during our brutal summer heat.

Here's a video showing the AMAZING water reaction. I haven't washed the car yet at this point so there's still dirt on top of the paint. I can't believe how good the coating is holding up and providing this much beading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv3RmmG189Y

WRAPT C5Z06
09-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Whoa, impressive!!!! Still great water behavior after 11 months!!!

Marc08EX
09-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Whoa, impressive!!!! Still great water behavior after 11 months!!!

That's what I thought especially since I haven't washed the car yet. I had to take a video and show it here in AGO lol!

evo77
09-18-2017, 02:13 PM
What's the regimen for the maintenance washes? Is the coating topped with any spray waxes, QD sprays or wash shampoo/RW/WW with wax or glossfiers?

fly07sti
09-18-2017, 02:22 PM
Impressive buddy.

LEDetailing
09-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Like the hydrophobicity, wish my sealants lasted that long. Is that a Shinsen Edition? Love the wheels. do you keep the removable hardtop on the majority of the time?

I always wished Mazda would have made a US spec Miata coupe/hardtop in the 2nd gen Miata. I don't think there are many in Japan either

WRAPT C5Z06
09-18-2017, 03:04 PM
What car soap do you use?

ronkh57
09-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Looks good.
Had it on my son's car since a few days after it came out.

Still going..........

Bobby B.
09-18-2017, 03:35 PM
The Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating is awesome. Great video!

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-ceramic-coating.html)

Klasse Act
09-18-2017, 04:09 PM
I can tell you that I now only use Ech2o and N914 for my rinseless and waterless needs and for standard washes its a soap without any waxes in it or one that doesn't strip wax, i.e. Griot's Brilliant Shine. I tried RW and WW's that had wax in them and after a couple washes I noticed the gleem wasn't so gleaming and I determined, right or wrong, it to be from the nuba in those products. More proof was that after a couple stronger N914 washes the GLEEM came back :dblthumb2:

BudgetPlan1
09-18-2017, 05:34 PM
Guess it likely depends on climate/usage. Applied to a 2016 WRX in Spring 2016, daily driven daily thru NE Ohio winter, maintained thru summer/fall 2016 with various SiO2 products (Cure, Wetcoat, Bathe+)

Coating was seemengly gone by Spring 2017 on vertical panels. Decon wash, light clay...no matter...still gone.

Also applied to summer only driver in Spring 2016, 7500 miles sun and rain...was still performing admirably when taken out of storage in Spring 2017.

Methinks the Uber don't like salt, brine and slush of Winter.

2 layers on each car. It's a nice product (if somewhat overpriced IMO) but not a wintertime survivor.

Marc08EX
09-18-2017, 08:17 PM
I use different soaps and products to wash the car. It really depends on my mood.

I've used Meg's Gold Class, Meg's Wash Plus, D115, CG citrus wash and gloss, etc. I've applied, Fast Wax, D156 or FK425 sometimes after washing.

Marc08EX
09-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Is that a Shinsen Edition? Love the wheels. do you keep the removable hardtop on the majority of the time?

I always wished Mazda would have made a US spec Miata coupe/hardtop in the 2nd gen Miata. I don't think there are many in Japan either

It's a 2002 SE. I've had the removable hardtop on since about May. I'm trying to protect the soft top from getting beaten down by the sun.

What car soap do you use?

Pls see my response above.

The Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating is awesome. Great video!

Thanks Bobby!

Guess it likely depends on climate/usage. Applied to a 2016 WRX in Spring 2016, daily driven daily thru NE Ohio winter, maintained thru summer/fall 2016 with various SiO2 products (Cure, Wetcoat, Bathe+)

Coating was seemengly gone by Spring 2017 on vertical panels. Decon wash, light clay...no matter...still gone.

Also applied to summer only driver in Spring 2016, 7500 miles sun and rain...was still performing admirably when taken out of storage in Spring 2017.

Methinks the Uber don't like salt, brine and slush of Winter.

2 layers on each car. It's a nice product (if somewhat overpriced IMO) but not a wintertime survivor.

Yeah I can see how salt can deteriorate coatings or LSPs much faster. That stuff is harsh!

BudgetPlan1
09-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Yeah I can see how salt can deteriorate coatings or LSPs much faster. That stuff is harsh!Especially considering 70+ mile daily commute, mostly highway where they really slop all that stuff around. The Uber probably really never stood a realistic chance in those conditions. Nasty stuff, probably 8 touchless car washes in winter to boot...harsh.

Gav'sPurpleZ
09-18-2017, 09:42 PM
I have a product review for the WG UCC
It's great. I have multiple videos with 2 month increments.

looks great, I just applied this to my mom's car today !!