PDA

View Full Version : Noob Detailing

canucks
01-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey I am going to do a full detail on my silver car. Just wandering what products to use given the colour of the car. Also I will be using my hands rather than a buffer to wax etc.

Thanks a bunch

lethalxls1
01-15-2008, 02:47 AM
WELCOME to AG!

First- wash your car using Pinnacle bodyworks shampoo inplementing the 2 bucket system,a microfiber wash mitt, and dry with Cobra waffle weave Micro Fibre towels. By washing your car with a car wash that has essential oils in it to help prevent dirt particles from being ground into your finish, using microfibre to dry and using the 2 bucket system you will help prevent swirls/scratches on your cars finish.Swirls are most easily seen on Black cars but are seen on any color car from the right angle especially in direct sunlight and look like spider webs or kind of like the car has been washed with a brillo pad in severe cases.Automated car washes are notorious for producing swirls and should be avoided NO MATTER WHAT! If you dont need any paint correction done(for swirls or scratches) or you have very minor swirls then I would suggest polishing first with Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion then buff with a Cobra microfibre edgeless towel. Top it off with Pinnacle Signature series 2 Carnuba Paste wax and buff with a clean Cobra microfiber edgeless towel. I highly reccomend you watch the videos in the following link- I found them VERY helpful when I first started to really learn how to take care of my cars finish.
Watch these------> cPanelŽ (http://Pinnacle)

*** Also-you may know this but alot of people dont- a buffer is used for polishing a car and correcting flaws in vehicles finish such as swirls,scratches,oxidation,marring and so on. Using the proper buffing pad with the proper polish can yeild great results. Polishing is not the same as waxing. Before vehicle is waxed it is best to polish first the revive the paint and prepare the finish for wax. Polishing can be done by hand(like in your case) if the paint is in good condition. Some people use a buffer with the proper pad to apply wax as well-but this is only to save time-no better results will be achieved by using a buffer to wax with. Most people actually prefer to apply wax by hand. I hope that helps.