PDA

View Full Version : What steps should I take to fix my car?

clidefr0g
09-17-2017, 01:51 AM
So i bought a brand new 2015 mustang GT, race red, ive had it 2 days and someone hit my PARKED car in a parking lot. Its got some pretty bad scrapes on the rear fender and I actually just noticed another not nearly as bad scrape that looks like its from a bad detailer on my hood.

Years ago I bought a ton of stuff from you guys for my previous mustang so i already have some things, M105/205 portercable 7424 or w/e, i have some kind of wool pad, 3 lake country tangerines and 1 cyan, one red and one black ccs pad but im going to need more pads anyway.

Im wondering what products you would recommend me use to get the scrapes out of my car and in what steps you would take to do it. I dont mind buying the right product for the job, i just want me new car to not be scratched to ####..

Thank you in advance!!

These are the best pics I can get until tomorrow when its daylight out.

Mike Phillips
09-17-2017, 07:11 AM
Years ago I bought a ton of stuff from you guys for my previous mustang so i already have some things, M105/205 portercable 7424 or w/e, i have some kind of wool pad, 3 lake country tangerines and 1 cyan, one red and one black ccs pad but im going to need more pads anyway.

Im wondering what products you would recommend me use to get the scrapes out of my car and in what steps you would take to do it. I dont mind buying the right product for the job, i just want me new car to not be scratched to ####..

Here's the really bad scrapes and scratches in the paint and you won't be able to remove all of the deepest ones but by compounding the area you can dramatically improve the area to the point where it should look pretty good.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/auto-detailing-101/60163d1505631553-what-steps-should-i-take-fix-my-car-2170658610213789629679904817755866o.jpg

Take your Porter Cable and the M105 and then use the most aggressive pad you have and buff over the area on speed 6

The pad on the PC MUST ROTATE or you're not doing anything. So place a mark on your backing plate to make it easy for your eyes to MONITOR pad rotation and then start buffing the area.

Watch this video, it will show you everything you need to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulWXODgg8V4

:)

Mike Phillips
09-17-2017, 07:12 AM
I have thousands of how-to articles on this forum.... here's one I wrote a few months ago...

Click the link below and read through post #2 and click the links in post #2 and take in the information and you will be detail smart.

Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips (http://tinyurl.com/y736nudd)

:)

clidefr0g
09-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Thanks a lot Mike. I always remember you doing all you can to help people here. This entire forum and community owe you a debt of gratitude.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

clidefr0g
09-17-2017, 05:08 PM
im trying to find a lake country colour code to cutting chart that spans all the different pad lines to see which pad is the strongest cutting, ive google searched for about 2 hours and cant really find a good comparison of the different lines of pads. If this exists and you know where it is, could you kindly point me in the right direction?