PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Wash vs Quick Detailer vs Spray Wax

kevin_1981
09-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Hello All,
Even with the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I have to ask this question.

My primary question is when to use a Quick Detailer vs when to use a spray wax. My thoughts are that if the car is dirty I would use a waterless wash and then it would be clean and ready for a spray wax (uqw or DG 951 in my case). Typically I use more conventional methods to wash my car, but I typically like to throw on some spray wax if possible ever couple weeks.

When would you use a quick detailer? I usually use it as a clay lube.

FUNX650
09-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Hello All,
Even with the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I have to ask this question.

My primary question is when to use a Quick Detailer vs when to use a spray wax. My thoughts are that if the car is dirty I would use a waterless wash and then it would be clean and ready for a spray wax (uqw or DG 951 in my case). Typically I use more conventional methods to wash my car, but I typically like to throw on some spray wax if possible ever couple weeks.

When would you use a quick detailer? I usually use it as a clay lube.
AFAIC:
Your thoughts on using Spray Waxes
on clean vehicles is spot on. :xyxthumbs:

As to the other spray-on products
{QDs; waterless-washes}:
The below Mike Phillips articles cover
them very well, IMO.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2009-2016-how-articles-mike-phillips/23128-tips-techniques-using-spray-detailer-remove-light-dust-fingerprints-smudges.html

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html

Bob

willowcat11
09-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Not an idiot at all man. That's a Solid question.

I use a Waterless wash when my car is lightly dusted, or has been rained on.

A spray wax after I have cleaned my car.

And a detailer, to simply remove finger prints, or bird droppings that have happened on a clean car.

kevin_1981
09-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Bob/Willow, thanks for the info... I cant believe i didnt see that Mike Philips article before.