PDA

View Full Version : Question on Meguiars Ultimate Polishing Wax D166

RandyD
09-15-2017, 01:26 PM
About to try it. My daughter has a Honda civic (I assume soft paint). It has never been polished. What pad would you use? Would you consider doing it by hand? It has very minor marring in some areas.

AZpolisher15
09-15-2017, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't do it by hand. I'd want to put the abrasives to work with a machine. I'd see if a white pad would get me some results. If not, move to orange. I say this not having tried the D166 yet. But that's my approach with AIO's in general.

dcjredline
09-15-2017, 02:46 PM
I would use whatever pad my test spot showed to give me the results I want without being overly harsh.

C.Moore
09-15-2017, 02:54 PM
I used a griots gg6 and white polishing pads from lake country .. it had a surprising amount of cut

fightnews
09-15-2017, 04:56 PM
About to try it. My daughter has a Honda civic (I assume soft paint). It has never been polished. What pad would you use? Would you consider doing it by hand? It has very minor marring in some areas.

I think using a machine would be 100x better. You can get the griots one at autozone and they have pads. I like to put a nice coat of finishing wax on by hand but thats about it. They say modern clearcoats are to hard to be worked on by hand.