PDA

View Full Version : Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads

Pages : [1] 2 3

ELGreco
09-14-2017, 03:59 PM
I have been trying to find some feed back on these pads and have yet to see anything of help, can anyone enlighten me on how this pads have worked for you and what product you had best results with.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

ELGreco
09-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Nobody?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Guyb
09-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Sorry i haven't tried the Uro-Fiber pads so can't offer an opinion. From looking thru other post in the forum they are a "liked" pad. Maybe someone will chime in.

ELGreco
09-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Sorry i haven't tried the Uro-Fiber pads so can't offer an opinion. From looking thru other post in the forum they are a "liked" pad. Maybe someone will chime in.

Yea that's what I'm talking about, just noticed I forgot the microfiber part.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Guyb
09-14-2017, 07:10 PM
I knew which pads you meant. I use only Lake Country pads.

mwoywod
09-14-2017, 07:52 PM
They are my favorite microfiber pads. They are the perfect size and after months of using them I can confidentally say they are the most durable microfiber pads on the market. Lake Country HDO Microfiber is also very impressive.

For a long time I was using Boss MF Cutting pads but for the cutting process I would have to swap out about 8-10 pads per vehicle. The foam backing on the boss microfiber makes the pads very smooth but if you are using a compound that isn't lubricated enough, or you use too long of a buffing cycle, the foam will twist and rip away from the hook and loop backing.

The uro-fiber pads on the other hand. (I only use the 5 inch version) utilize a white open cell foam that is truly perfect. I now only use 2 uro-fiber pads for my cutting stage and I wouldn't be surprised if I could get away with using just 1.

One feature I really love is the size of the 5 inch pads which are an exact fit vs meguiars pads (which I know lots of guys use with long throw polishers)

They also run extremely cool and finish good enough that I can use them for AIO applications with HD Speed on normal/hard paints.

They cut just as much if not more than boss microfiber pads

Since I've never used Megs Microfiber pads on my MK2 15 I'm not sure how they compare to megs in cut.

Below you can see how perfect they fit on my Rupes 15. It's hard to see in the photo, but I have not had any issues with the backing plate bumping trims or door handles. I don't like the excessive overhang the meguiars pads have.

B5visser
09-14-2017, 08:02 PM
I too really like them. In all honesty, they're the only microfiber pad I've had extended experience with.

I use them mostly with my XFE, but have also played around with them on the 3401. Being a Microfiber, the long throws definitely reap the benefit more than the forced rotation.

I recently did a newer dark grey Escalade and used these with Blackfire SRC compound, it removed all the moderate swirls and finished well enough to apply LSP.

And as far as durability, I have 6 that have been circulating around for a couple months now, and although they don't get used every day, there is no deterioration of any kind. Incredibly durable.
SaveSave

ELGreco
09-15-2017, 04:10 AM
Thanks you all!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Valky
09-15-2017, 09:54 AM
URO fiber is my go to MF pad, it will cut a very little less than LC new MF but will finish much much deeper and glossier. You can pair it with FG400 for heavy compounding and still be able to finishing LSP ready with just one step.

Wknd Dtlr
09-15-2017, 04:10 PM
I've been wondering about this pad too as I'd like to see if I can one-step as a cutting/polishing pad or one-step an AIO. So, I picked up a 5" locally today. Over the next few weeks I'll see if I can try D300, M105, M205, Adapt and Speed. I'm all out of M100 which is one compound I would really like to try it with. I'll start the experiment with my wife's black Maxima this weekend. The paint is in decent shape but my main objective is to see how well it will finish.

MikeC78
09-15-2017, 04:42 PM
I use these pads to cut, but in no means is it LSP ready for me. I've only used them with FG400 or Griot's FCC on my black paint. I definitely needed a finishing polish step to clear up the haze in my experience. They do cut well and last though.

HCF
09-15-2017, 11:29 PM
I use the 5inch uro fiber on Rupes 15 Mark ii, mostly with aio's like he speed and PB polish with sealant with good results. I also have a couple 6 inch, I'll definitely keep some around.

mwoywod
09-15-2017, 11:55 PM
I use these pads to cut, but in no means is it LSP ready for me. I've only used them with FG400 or Griot's FCC on my black paint. I definitely needed a finishing polish step to clear up the haze in my experience. They do cut well and last though.

I agree, they are best for the initial cutting step. That said, unless it's soft black paint they also work great for 1-steps products like Correcting Cream and S20 Black.

Wknd Dtlr
09-16-2017, 08:31 AM
I agree, they are best for the initial cutting step. That said, unless it's soft black paint they also work great for 1-steps products like Correcting Cream and S20 Black.
Thanks for that info. I was playing around with my new uro-fiber pad last night on my wife's black Maxima. With my long-throw DA, I tried using D300, Adapt and Speed as a 1 step compound/polish step. Couldn't quite get there with that setup as it left a very slight haze, but pretty close and ultimately had to finish the car with tangerine hydrotech and Speed . However, to be fair, I was doing this trial under my Zach DIY LED light setup and this light shows EVERY single micro defect. Not certain if the very slight haze would have been noticeable in daylight and/or to the average person. Sometime I won't use this light because it triggers way too much OCD if I'm only doing a DD I just want to look nice.

I do have some Correcting Cream samples AG sent me. I'll be doing a friend's white Jetta next month. That should be a good test for the uro-fiber / CC setup since it is white and I've found VW paint to be on the harder side. All in all, I think these pads will be keepers for me.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Do these finish NOTICEABLY better than the new LC MF cutting pads?