PDA

View Full Version : Decontamination query

zeus65
09-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Hello fellas, I am just a enthusiast.
my question is regarding decontamination step. How do u proceed when ur paint is protected??
Case 1: when u wanna just cleanse the paint and reprotect??
Case 2: when u wannt correct the paint either minor, moderate or major defects?
my current case is I want to cleanse the paint and then glaze, seal n wax. Before that I have to go through decontamination process. My paint has no previous sealant or wax but I did use the bsd few days back.
So would tar remover, fallout remover n clay mitt remove the bsd or any previous or recent protections, also perform their own action??? Or do I have to use strong shampoo as prewash or use ipa before decontaminants??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mike Phillips
09-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Hello fellas, I am just a enthusiast.

my question is regarding decontamination step.

How do u proceed when ur paint is protected??

Case 1: when u wanna just cleanse the paint and reprotect??

Case 2: when u wannt correct the paint either minor, moderate or major defects?

my current case is I want to cleanse the paint and then glaze, seal n wax. Before that I have to go through decontamination process. My paint has no previous sealant or wax but I did use the bsd few days back.

So would

tar remover,
fallout remover n
clay mitt

remove the bsd or any previous or recent protections, also perform their own action???

Or do I have to use strong shampoo as prewash or use ipa before decontaminants??

Good questions....

For Case 1 - IF by the word cleanse you mean apply a paint cleaner after washing then might as well use a "quality" fine cut polish instead of a paint cleaner. Most if not all paint cleaners are NON-abrasive and only lightly clean the surface.

For all the same amount of work and time you might as well use a quality fine cut polish and get ALL the benefits of a paint cleaner PLUS some light correction. And again, it will take the same amount of time and work to use both products.

For Case 2 - If you're going to correct the paint, that is use a compound, then wash the car first to remove loose dirt. Don't worry about removing any previously applied wax or sealant first - the compound will do this for you.

Hope the above helps...

:)

Mike Phillips
09-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Also...

I've moved this to the Detailing 101 forum group.

The Tricks, tips and techniques forum group is for SHARING tricks, tips and techniques, not asking for them.

Not a big deal especially when no one really pays attention anyways...

:laughing:

Eldorado2k
09-14-2017, 09:30 AM
I did use the bsd few days back.

What's the bsd?

zeus65
09-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Good questions....

For Case 1 - IF by the word cleanse you mean apply a paint cleaner after washing then might as well use a "quality" fine cut polish instead of a paint cleaner. Most if not all paint cleaners are NON-abrasive and only lightly clean the surface.

For all the same amount of work and time you might as well use a quality fine cut polish and get ALL the benefits of a paint cleaner PLUS some light correction. And again, it will take the same amount of time and work to use both products.

For Case 2 - If you're going to correct the paint, that is use a compound, then wash the car first to remove loose dirt. Don't worry about removing any previously applied wax or sealant first - the compound will do this for you.

Hope the above helps...

:)
Wow, the god of detailing himself replied. I am blessed. Thanks sir. It motivates me alot.
By paint cleansing, I meant both abrasive as well as nonabrasive in different scenarios. Like;
1. When paint is defect free or very minor imperfections that I don't want to correct to save the clearcoat as much as possible philosophy and just enhance paint's condition. I will use a nonabrasive paint cleanser or polish like p21s cleanser or bf gloss enhancing polish or klasse aio (I have these atm).
2. When the paint has swirls or some minor defects that I couldn't bear to see or it hurts me and want them as much reduced as possible, with "save clearcoat philosophy" ,with an abrasive cleanser ( like prima amigo, sonax paint cleanser) or might use fine cut polish as u mentioned(like meg UP, scholl s30+).
Sir, I am just curious here to ask. But should I skip the decontamination process alltogether and after good wash proceed to use cleanser cum fine cut polish??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

zeus65
09-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Also...

I've moved this to the Detailing 101 forum group.

The Tricks, tips and techniques forum group is for SHARING tricks, tips and techniques, not asking for them.

Not a big deal especially when no one really pays attention anyways...

:laughing:
Oh I thought to put in tips section. But next time I will sure take care.[emoji4]

zeus65
09-14-2017, 10:49 AM
What's the bsd?
Sir, its Sonax brilliant shine detailer.