PDA

View Full Version : Right pad for this product?

Chase.Barnett
09-12-2017, 12:27 PM
It seems that I ask for advice with every new vehicle purchase.. I recently purchased a 2017 GMC Sierra and I still haven't done anything more than a wax and spray wax to it. Now that the weather is beginning to change a little, it's time to change that.

Here's what I'm planning on doing.

~Wash
~Clay
~HD Speed
~HD Poxy

Might even throw on a coat of Midnight Sun as a topper.

The truck has some minor water etching on the hood from where I washed in direct sun one day. I thought that I would be able to wash and dry fast enough but I was wrong. There's also a couple of minor scratches that you can find if you're looking for them. Other than that, the truck is in good shape.

What is the general consensus about using a Lake Country White Flat Pad with HD Speed? I'm picking up 3 White pads and two orange pads to use on an as needed basis. Do you guys feel that the white pad will deliver or should I step up and plan on using orange over the entire truck? I'll be using a PC 7427xp (this might be the last time before I upgrade to something new :buffing: )

Here's the truck as it sits right now.

TTQ B4U
09-12-2017, 12:35 PM
It seems that I ask for advice with every new vehicle purchase.. I recently purchased a 2017 GMC Sierra and I still haven't done anything more than a wax and spray wax to it. Now that the weather is beginning to change a little, it's time to change that.

Here's what I'm planning on doing.

~Wash
~Clay
~HD Speed
~HD Poxy

Might even throw on a coat of Midnight Sun as a topper.

The truck has some minor water etching on the hood from where I washed in direct sun one day. I thought that I would be able to wash and dry fast enough but I was wrong. There's also a couple of minor scratches that you can find if you're looking for them. Other than that, the truck is in good shape.

What is the general consensus about using a Lake Country White Flat Pad with HD Speed? I'm picking up 3 White pads and two orange pads to use on an as needed basis. Do you guys feel that the white pad will deliver or should I step up and plan on using orange over the entire truck? I'll be using a PC 7427xp (this might be the last time before I upgrade to something new :buffing: )

Congrats on the beautiful truck.

The water spots could be problematic. I would say begin by trying something like CarPro Spotless. Works very well. If that doesn't cut it, 3D Eraser Gel is the next bump up in terms of aggressiveness. It works extremely well on even very very etched in spots on glass. Lastly, if that doesn't cut it, pun intended, you might have to either polish it thoroughly or just hit it with a light compound followed by a polish.

GM's have tough clear and thus they will finish out nicely with HDSpeed and Orange Pads. I normally use Green Hexlogic or a light blue LC Hybrid Froce on my Flex 3401 but you should be good with orange. White might be a. Bit soft. If you can get the water spots off with one of the above products, then I would use white, do a test panel and see how quickly it works HDSPeed through things. It should finish out beautifully either way though.

Chase.Barnett
09-12-2017, 04:52 PM
The spots aren't bad at all. Most of them came off when drying using a dry aid, the outline of some can be noticed if you look for them. I went on and grabbed an extra orange pad as well. Looks like HD Eraser isn't available at AG though?

How do you like the flex? I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be picking up next.