PDA

View Full Version : WGDGPS 3.0, is this a Sealant + Glaze?

Dredogol
09-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

So I have 1 car with WG DGPS 3.0 applied with 2 coats, and it shines like a mirror on the white car (2010 Nissan Altima) after doing paint correction and buffing.
I applied 1 layer of Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze... didn't really notice much of a difference.

Do you guys know if WGDGPS is considered a Sealant + Glaze?

I read glazes work best on "dark" colored 1-stage paint cars, and hard to see on white cars, which is what I noticed.
Was hoping people with experience on lighter color cars (2-stage paint) could provide some input in this.

Bruno Soares
09-11-2017, 05:33 PM
No glaze on that sealant. I don't find glaze useful for a car that isn't always in a show room because it won't last. Good paint correction and a sealant or ceramic coating is better for daily drivers.

FUNX650
09-11-2017, 06:14 PM
I consider WDGPS 3.0's formulation
to be nothing other than a dedicated
Finishing Sealant.

Bob

Dredogol
09-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Okay... so lets say I want to have the car "shine" more than what the Sealant can provide.

Is it a bad idea to put it on a Daily Driver?
From my understanding, because a glaze lasts very short and is first to bond to the clear coat... any long-lasting sealant on top of it will only stick for as long as the glaze bonds to the paint, making it a bad idea for DDs? correct?

FUNX650
09-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Okay... so lets say I want to have
the car "shine" more than what the
Sealant can provide.

•Make the paint as smooth as
possible, via the polishing step(s),
prior to applying LSPs---including
WDGPS.

Is it a bad idea to put it on a Daily Driver?

•IMO:
-Absolutely not!
-(Sealants are great LSPs for DDs. :xyxthumbs:)

From my understanding,
because a glaze lasts very short
and is first to bond to the clear coat...

any long-lasting sealant on top of it
will only stick for as long as the glaze
bonds to the paint, making it a bad idea
for DDs? correct?
•What if your understanding that a
glaze bonds to paint is wrong?

•Another way to look at it:
-Why would a glaze just last for a
short time if it does bond to paint?

Bob

engineerwolf
09-11-2017, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=Dredogol;1527022]Okay... so lets say I want to have the car "shine" more than what the Sealant can provide.

To get the best shine possible you need to correct any imperfections and polish to a spit shine. The sealants and waxes are mainly for protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

MattPersman
09-12-2017, 05:22 AM
Yes once paint is perfected as much as possible then it's up to your lsp to do the rest. Some likely shine more. Will you or me be able to actually tell? Hard to say. There are things like gloss meters that could measure it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
09-12-2017, 05:36 AM
You could use an acrylic glaze like cg wet mirror finish then the sealant. They Last a long time

DBAILEY
09-12-2017, 07:06 AM
Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze would probably not be a good glaze choice to go under WGDGPS 3.0. To me it is more suited to be topped with wax or wax based sealant. WG makes there own glaze that works with the WGDGPS 3.0 if you want to try to squeeze the last bit of shine out of it.

Prima Amigo is another acrylic glaze that WGDGPS 3.0 is okay over the top.

Desertnate
09-12-2017, 10:21 AM
....Prima Amigo is another acrylic glaze that WGDGPS 3.0 is okay over the top.

I've used it under 845 as well with no issues. Love Amigo. Poorboys Blackhole and White Diamond are two more glazes that are designed to go under a sealant as well.