PDA

View Full Version : Car hit with overspray

bossbrew
09-11-2017, 11:56 AM
I mentioned to my wife that her car looked really dirty the other day, and then figured out that it got hit with some sort of paint overspray in a parking garage or alley. I tried APC and fingernail polish with acetone, but the Lift Off worked the best. I sprayed it on an area and let it dwell for a couple of minutes, and used a bug sponge to scrub it off. Then I cleaned the panel with ONR and dried it. Worked well! Now I have to finish it off with my AIO.

60104 60103

VISITOR
09-11-2017, 01:55 PM
did you try clay? that's one of the main reasons why clay is used..

bossbrew
09-11-2017, 02:02 PM
I tried my Nanoskin sponge, but it clogged very quickly. I didn't try regular clay.

Dredogol
09-11-2017, 04:35 PM
I mentioned to my wife that her car looked really dirty the other day, and then figured out that it got hit with some sort of paint overspray in a parking garage or alley. I tried APC and fingernail polish with acetone, but the Lift Off worked the best. I sprayed it on an area and let it dwell for a couple of minutes, and used a bug sponge to scrub it off. Then I cleaned the panel with ONR and dried it. Worked well! Now I have to finish it off with my AIO.

60104 60103

1) Try something like Stoner Tarminator
2) Try a super degreaser... even something like Super Clean on that specific spots (do not spray entire hood... just dab on towel and hold on spot)
3) Try clay bar
4) If you must... may need to use strong IPA or Paint Thinner to get that off (*cringes*)

bossbrew
09-11-2017, 05:01 PM
I actually have finished the car with the Lift Off. I did the whole car panel by panel, and it worked well.