PDA

View Full Version : Really hope I get this job!

2wookies
09-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Have a friend who messaged me asking if I could look at a friends car. Not sure of the whole story but she went to a do it yourself quarter wash and used the soap brush, in guessing since it's times she just did the entire car as fast as possible then rinsed to find this....

I haven't seen it in person yet but I'm hoping just a simple polish job with HD and a green pad will knock this out?? This is one of those times I want to lower my price just to get the job...but don't wanna start that trend.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
09-10-2017, 10:22 PM
It really depends on what the goal is.

Using a all-in-one eill certainly improve it however it is not going to be perfect or anywhere near perfect.

All-in-ones are designed for paint enhancement not perfection.

If removing all of the damage is the goal a compound will be the proper choice.

What she is willing to pay you and how much time you are willing to invest and the level of perfection she desires Should all determine what process you are going to use.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Brandon Wetch
09-11-2017, 12:21 AM
205 then wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rsurfer
09-11-2017, 12:29 AM
That looks like its been sanded with 1500.

Dan Tran
09-11-2017, 05:16 AM
One word...

GEEZ!

TTQ B4U
09-11-2017, 06:08 AM
I haven't seen it in person yet but I'm hoping just a simple polish job with HD and a green pad will knock this out?? This is one of those times I want to lower my price just to get the job...but don't wanna start that trend.

She must be cute as heck if you're willing to try an AIO on that and to lower your price to get it :laughing:

That's a 3 step process if you're really looking to correct it. Otherwise, you're going to spend a lot of time with HD(speed) I assume? I suppose if you popped on a purple wool pad and hit it with Speed it would turn out, but it won't be perfect. You'll need to polish of the slight haze that will be left, but in the end it will look 99x better than what you showed here.

I personally would 3 step it. Compound, Polish, LSP.

2wookies
09-11-2017, 06:24 AM
She must be cute as heck if you're willing to try an AIO on that and to lower your price to get it :laughing:

That's a 3 step process if you're really looking to correct it. Otherwise, you're going to spend a lot of time with HD(speed) I assume? I suppose if you popped on a purple wool pad and hit it with Speed it would turn out, but it won't be perfect. You'll need to polish of the slight haze that will be left, but in the end it will look 99x better than what you showed here.

I personally would 3 step it. Compound, Polish, LSP.

[emoji23][emoji23] no idea if she's cute, but I don't know if she'd want to spend the money to do a 3 step. It's a Honda CRV so soft paint already.

EngineerNate
09-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Holy hell. Did she use the wheel brush? That looks even worse than I'd imaging those brushes would do.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Simple polish job and green pad? LOL

attention2detaillhc
09-12-2017, 01:34 PM
You will first need to determine the thickness of the clear. From there you will need to set expectations with the customer. If there is enough clear, a light damp sand with 2000 working your way to 4000 would be my preference. Then finishing up with a light compound. If there is not enough clear, you will be forced to go with a medium to heavy cut compound , polish and seal.