PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner wax with DA?

neogenesis
09-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Since I understand that cleaner waxes need to be worked in to be effective, is it possible/recommended to apply a paste cleaner was (Meguiars specifically) with a DA polisher? Any tips on how to most effectively do that?

dlc95
09-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Absolutely.

I'd use an old credit card to get the wax on the pad.

neogenesis
09-09-2017, 01:57 PM
So just scoop onto pad with old CC/plastic putty knife? Do I need to spread it out on pad? Is there a desirable amount to put on? (Quarter size? Half a can? Etc). Thanks.

Riff
09-09-2017, 03:11 PM
So just scoop onto pad with old CC/plastic putty knife? Do I need to spread it out on pad? Is there a desirable amount to put on? (Quarter size? Half a can? Etc). Thanks.

I'm not sure about Meguiars cleaner wax because I've never used it but Mothers cleaner wax is very hard to remove. It needs to be put on VERY thin. Like, barely visible thin.

Maybe just touch the wax with the pad on the machine and blip the button or don't hit the button and just turn the pad a little with your hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mike Phillips
09-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Is there a desirable amount to put on? (Quarter size? Half a can? Etc).

What condition is the paint in?

:)

neogenesis
09-09-2017, 07:43 PM
What condition is the paint in?

:)

Paint is decent. Not autogeek awesome. Minor swirls (black 2016 corvette that's a near daily driver [emoji57] so my expectations are in that mindset). Car is less than 1 year old.