PDA

View Full Version : Jescar Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant vs. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

miker911
09-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Jescar Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? Been using WDGPS for last couple of years and been happy with it.

Thanks

Kamakaz1961
09-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Jescar is a re-branding of Menzerna Powerlock. Wolfgang Sealant is still the same. Both are excellent and you can't go wrong with either. I still have Menzerna Powerlock Sealant. If I get low or need a new bottle I might consider Wolfgang or just get another bottle of Powerlock...that's how close they in terms of performance to me.

Rsurfer
09-07-2017, 06:09 PM
I know Powerlock doesn't stain trim, does Wolfgang stain trim?

Nix
09-07-2017, 06:39 PM
This guy did good comparison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_TRAdr3P4Q
..I have used neither so cant comment..

Bruno Soares
09-07-2017, 08:18 PM
If you're happy with Wolfgang why not keep using that? I understand we always want something better but that sealant is hard to beat.

BMW435
09-08-2017, 12:11 AM
I have and used both. I like the Wolfgang sealant more because it because it goes on and comes off easier than the Jescar. It also beads better, gives a slicker feel and gives better overall results imho. The only con I can possibly think of is you have to leave your vehicle in doors (minimum of 12 hrs) overnight to properly cure after using it. BTW it doesn't stain the trim.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

gibson24
09-08-2017, 08:01 AM
+1 for WGDPS I use it weekly

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Bruno Soares
09-08-2017, 08:13 AM
+1 for WGDPS I use it weekly

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

On multiple cars? I can't see a reason to use it weekly on the same car as that sealant lasts a long time.

PurpleTowel
09-08-2017, 10:12 AM
I absolutely love Jescar PowerLock+, but I do honestly believe that in this comparison of two super products, it's pretty much Ginger or Mary Ann—you can't lose either way, and it all comes down to whatever you like better.

miker911
09-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I can't go wrong with either product.

osiapstndp
09-08-2017, 04:47 PM
A friend stopped by last year and I worked on his Honda Civic while we hung out. Just for fun I put the Wolfgang sealant on the driver side and the Jescar sealant on the passenger side. Approximately six months later he came over again and both sides were still doing decently but definitely needed a pick-me-up. The car is outside every day and is parked on the highest floor of a parking garage so it gets a lot of exposure to the elements.

Both products performed well, even through neglect, and would have absolutely lasted longer than six months if the car was cared for properly. I echo what other folks say - both products achieve a wonderful result. I lean toward the Wolfgang offering because of its smell and, if applied super thin, it is very easy to remove.