PDA

View Full Version : wax by hand or by machine?

sito
09-07-2017, 11:53 AM
should I wax by hand or by machine?
I bought wax machine 2 yrs ago and I was reluctant to use it.

Would machine scratch the paint job?

Kamakaz1961
09-07-2017, 12:12 PM

Do it by machine. I use my Flex 3401 but mostly my PC7424XP as my sealant/wax applicator. It's faster, more uniform in layering your product and you cover a bigger area with less product wasted. Once you wax or apply sealant by machine you will never go back. For the hard to reach areas I just take off the pad that I am using and apply the LSP on it (example: under the side mirrors).

JUST DO IT!...LOL

PS: The machine will not scratch your paint. You are waxing how can you. Again, GO FOR IT!

TMQ
09-07-2017, 12:20 PM
If car is clean and your pads are clean then wax by machine. It won't scratch.

Tom

custmsprty
09-07-2017, 02:10 PM

Here's a poll started by Nick some time ago along with a ton of responses:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/88770-how-many-you-use-machine-wax-your-vehicle.html

Android
09-07-2017, 03:01 PM
I always do it by hand . Thought about investing in a polisher. What is the best polisher for a beginner ?

custmsprty
09-07-2017, 03:08 PM
GG6, excellent machine and lifetime warranty

Griot’s Garage & Meguiar’s Paint Perfection Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-paint-perfection-kit.html)

sito
09-07-2017, 05:10 PM
I have the GG6. how clean do I need to prepare the paint before machine waxing?

Nix
09-07-2017, 06:46 PM
i think if you apply coating than you need bare paint..I mostly use Ultimate polish and after polishing i dont do IPA wipedown. I have not seen any durability issue..I go straight to ultimate wax..I prefer liquid wax for machine and hand application..that way even if your paint in not clean you dont introduce contaminants back into the can..Machine polish is preferred for me quick and less time to apply..Small area i use applicator where i cannot use machine..

vobro
09-07-2017, 09:20 PM
I have the GG6. how clean do I need to prepare the paint before machine waxing?

No different than doing it by hand, wash,clay apply wax is the process in its simpilist form