PDA

View Full Version : Hard time choosing a product duo for Pre-Waxing, polishing and waxing/sealing

aajohnny
09-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which products to use because the ones that I came across all have raving reviews and I just don't know! I want a duo that will give me not only good protection for a Daily Driver but a great shine.

I have a 2017 Black Mustang and I have some sad dealership swirls and minor imperfections. It's not a huge deal - I plan on buying a Porter Cable when I get that money together, but for now I want to either try to alleviate it or even hide it till then. I have a few questions for you all regarding pre-wax cleaners, polish and waxes.

Which Duo would you recommend?

1. The Klasse Duo.

2. Klasse AIO and Collinite 845.

3. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion and Pinnacle Souvarian.

4. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion and Collinite.

5. Anything else, unlisted.

Thanks!

CarefulCleaner
09-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Here's another combination for your consideration:

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer (cleaner) + polish/compound paint correction products + Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (sealant)

aajohnny
09-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Here's another combination for your consideration:

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer (cleaner) + polish/compound paint correction products + Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (sealant)

I'll check the Enhancer thanks! I actually already have the Wolfgang Sealant. Any recommendations for the polish part? I'm afraid to use Megs Ultimate Compound because my car is only 2 months old, maybe too harsh?

The Guz
09-06-2017, 06:47 PM
I'll check the Enhancer thanks! I actually already have the Wolfgang Sealant. Any recommendations for the polish part? I'm afraid to use Megs Ultimate Compound because my car is only 2 months old, maybe too harsh?

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and ultimate polish are a good option. You can perform a test spot and go from there.

Nix
09-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Since its a new car Polish it using Ultimate polish and seal with Ultimate Fast finish..Or you can apply Ultimate Liquid or paste wax then top it with ultimate fast finish..UFF is really nice product so easy to use and very quick..Cant go wrong with their lineup and available locally..

aajohnny
09-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Even if it has light dealership swirlmarks?

Nix
09-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Compound and Polish are really great duo..If you cant take out swirl with polish ultimate compound will do..its not that aggressive since its a consumer line product..again do the test spot and if your not satisfied with ultimate polish move up to ultimate compound..

CarefulCleaner
09-06-2017, 07:58 PM

I will also recommend UC and UP.

GSKR
09-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Sonax cutmax followed by Sonax 06 polish then netsheild.

dlc95
09-07-2017, 05:14 AM
Working by hand for now? I would use Duragloss 501, and be done with it. The 501 contains strong cleaners, and a durable sealant, designed to protect boats from fresh and salt water. It won't remove all the imperfections, but should conceal what isn't removed.

Try some Aquawax to use after you wash it. I was surprised to see how durable that stuff is. Smells great, and is very easy to use.

Once you get the PC, the Ultimate Line, and a set of good pad will take you the rest of the way with swirl removal.

Desertnate
09-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Since you're working by hand, I wouldn't even try to knock out any swirls until you get the polisher. I'd simply put a good LSP down and protect the paint until you can polish by machine.

Once you have a DA, there are a lot of good polishes sold here to consider. I'd get a variety of pads along with a polish and compound. You may never need the compound if you take good care of the paint, but it's always good to have on hand in case you develop a bad spot sometime that needs a little extra attention.

nrosdal
09-08-2017, 01:43 AM
By hand i would think you are not getting the swirls out in any reasonable amount of time. So, i would just get s decent glaze ( i have used 3d's ultra glaze and it corrects well and fills as well with a da so you will not really get the correcting by hand but the fillers last a few months and that will get you by until you decide to pick up a DA). Then just throw some wax on top and that will be about as good as i can see it getting until you are ready to get at it with a machine.

Good luck.

Eldorado2k
09-08-2017, 02:32 AM
I'm afraid to use Megs Ultimate Compound because my car is only 2 months old, maybe too harsh?

Wise thinking... I agree. I wouldn't go near the paint on a 2 month old vehicle with compound by hand. No just no.

Ease in and keep soaking up information till the day you finally get your polisher, and then ease into that process as well...

MattPersman
09-08-2017, 05:19 AM
Would likely just use a cleaner wax like mothers or megs for now by hand those fill enough to notice a difference.

The option is poorboys black hole followed by nattys black or blue or exp should make some difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk