PDA

View Full Version : Mckees high red paint sealant? 2 coats??

fightnews
09-06-2017, 06:00 AM
I noticed that the directions on the high def paint sealant do not recommend putting 2 coats on. That's different than most of the products I've used. Why only 1 coat?

Desertnate
09-06-2017, 07:41 AM
My only guess is one coat is all that is needed to meet their prescribed durability as long as you've applied an even coat on the whole vehicle.

Honestly, I've never applied more than one coat of an LSP and have always seen durability close to the manufacturer's claim. In the past when applying by hand I might re-do spots where I didn't apply it very evenly, but once I moved to applying the LSP with a DA it isn't needed. I've never felt the need to layer a single product or do multiple layers of different products.

fightnews
09-06-2017, 08:43 AM
I always see a big diffrence with a 2nd coat especially with something like wdgps 3.0

FUNX650
09-06-2017, 09:58 AM
I always see a big diffrence with a
2nd coat especially with something
like wdgps 3.0
•To see if this holds true for
McKee's 37 High Def Sealant:

-once the initial application has com-
pleted its recommended cure time...

-then apply a second coat to a couple
"Test Spot" panels (ex: 1/2 the hood;
1/2 of a door; 1/2 of a fender)...

-after allowing those areas to complete
their cure time...

-it's then comparison time...

-this way: You can personally be the
judge and jury for this particular
eye-of-the-beholder experiment.

Bob

RandyD
09-06-2017, 10:17 AM
I believe this product might have some cleaner or some kind of bonding agent which should not go over the first coat but you might have to ask Nick.

TMQ
09-06-2017, 10:35 AM
I believe this product might have some cleaner or some kind of bonding agent which should not go over the first coat but you might have to ask Nick.

Agree...Lets see what Nick has to say.

Tom

fightnews
09-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Ok hopefully he sees it

FUNX650
09-06-2017, 10:44 AM
I believe this product might have some
cleaner or some kind of bonding agent
which should not go over the first coat
but you might have to ask Nick.
Wasn't DP PoliCoat reformulated [removal
of the cleaning agent(s)] after the merger
of the DP and XMT brands...results being
this McKee's 37 (Finishing) Sealant?

Bob

BadgerRivFan
09-06-2017, 11:30 AM

You may be thinking of the new Trademark Poli-Coat Wax?