PDA

View Full Version : WG Uber Rinseless Wash questions

Dredogol
09-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Hi all,

So I'm currently using Uber Waterless Wash PLUS, but was interesting in the WGURW product as well as a waterless product.

My questions for the URW are:
1) The product says it has "gloss enhancers"... does that mean it has some type of synthetic wax/sealant?
2) If you use WGURW, is it safe for paint application, or do you still need to IPA your panels?
3) Is it save to Waterless Wash car with Detail Spray ratio, which is slightly more concentrated? ... or am I just wasting product?

I know for my UWW+, I need to use IPA wipe because it contains carnauba in it.

I'm looking for a product that can be used as a Detail Spray / Clay Lube / Waterless Wash all in one... and one that does NOT have wax/sealant inside.

I looked at ONR as well, but many people say is streaks in the sun and not as good as more recent waterless/rinseless products.

willowcat11
09-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Dredogol, I have, and use, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash. It's an outstanding and economical product. I Primarily use it as a Waterless Wash. This product does not streak in the sun for me. It cleans off beautifully. And I use it in the sun all the time. The waterless wash dilution is 1/3oz. Product per 16oz. Spray Bottle. I use a 32oz. Spray Bottle so that is 2/3oz. of Product per 32oz. Bottle. I can answer your #3 question. And that is to just use the amounts the directions say to use for a Waterless wash, which are the same dilutions as I mentioned above. Any more product used and you will just be wasting it. It is Super Slick the way it is. No need for more. As for your question, I'm not totally sure. In the description I see no language stating that it has Wax or Sealant in it. I do know that it leaves the surface super Slick "like" it had been waxed. Maybe someone else can answer that better for us. Then that answer would probably affect #3 also. Sorry I can't be of better help. But I do want to say that I use Both the WG Uber Rinseless when the car is dirty. And WG Spritz Sealant after I do a full regular car wash. And I never do an IPA wipedown, and my paint seems to be doing just fine.

BudgetPlan1
09-06-2017, 01:20 AM
It contains 'gloss enhancers' Whatever that means. I believe the McKees 914 leaves nothing behind.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BadgerRivFan
09-06-2017, 05:37 AM
I'm looking for a product that can be used as a Detail Spray / Clay Lube / Waterless Wash all in one... and one that does NOT have wax/sealant inside.

The ONLY product currently available that checks all the boxes you are looking for is:

http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-rinseless-wash-128.html

Meguiars D114 was the original, but unfortunately was discontinued last year.

WGURW is an excellent rinseless wash product, but the "gloss enhancers" would need to be removed if you are looking to use it as a panel prep before applying a paint coating, or simply need to have "bare paint."

willowcat11
09-06-2017, 06:07 PM
I think I'm going to call AG and find out what this whole "Gloss enhancer" business is anyway!

I want to know for sure if anything it leaves, or does not leave behind, would affect a Wax or Coating adhering properly.

I don't even know what Gloss enhancers mean. :(

BudgetPlan1
09-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Why, it's the super slippery German polymers!

The same super slippery German polymers that work to prevent scratches as you wash the vehicle offer the same benefit in this detail spray application. You will love the glossy, slick finish it leaves!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

willowcat11
09-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Lol!

C5Longhorn
09-06-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm curious to learn what you find out. I've wondered the same thing and never understood what the gloss enhancers are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AZpolisher15
09-06-2017, 11:33 PM
For what it's worth, I did a rinse-less wash with WG Uber rinseless last week followed by collinite 845. The Collinite adhered just fine. Perhaps it'll last for 151 days instead of 159. If I were applying a coating I wouldn't go that route.

C5Longhorn
09-07-2017, 05:49 AM
Agree, I think it's fine when topping with a sealant and i use it as a wash for my coated cars, but wouldn't use immediately before applying coating.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dredogol
09-12-2017, 07:04 PM
NEW QUESTION:

Is it possible to use WGURW as an interior detailer?
I do NOT plan on using this on leather... but any plastic / leatherette / vinyl / etc.

If it is safe for exterior plastic trim and rubber, I would "think" it is safe for interior plastics and vinyl?

willowcat11
09-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Can't see why not. But there are way cheaper products to do than that, even though Uber is economical already.

You know what, sorry about that first statement. The amount of Uber product used for a detailer would probably be so minimal that cost wouldn't be a factor.

C5Longhorn
09-13-2017, 06:17 AM
I've used it on the interior with no issues. It's not much different than ONR, etc. which they specifically list that it can be used on interior.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk