PDA

View Full Version : Removing Opti-Seal (not because I don't like it)

JeffW
09-05-2017, 09:13 AM
I know this has been asked and answered in the Forum, but not sure I know a clear answer since there are a number of new chemicals on the market last few years. I love Opti-Seal but I just applied it over a LSP that I'm not real excited about. So I'd like to remove and start over with a different prod.

I really have little experience with OS so I don't know how difficult it will be to get everything stripped off.

The surface is perfect and needs no further correction. Right now I'm planning on a Carpro Eraser treatment, polishing with Menzerna SF-3500 and possibly a pre-wax cleanser as a base for the sealant I'd like to use this time. Is there a chemical that might be a single-solution or is there a better process to remove OS and the rest of the layers?

Thanks for your help with this.

Jeff

howardm4
09-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Consider just using something like P21S Paintwork Cleanser or the similar Pinnacle. Both are non-abrasive (not sure why, if you say it's 'perfect', why you'd bother w/ Menz 3500)

JeffW
09-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Consider just using something like P21S Paintwork Cleanser or the similar Pinnacle. Both are non-abrasive (not sure why, if you say it's 'perfect', why you'd bother w/ Menz 3500)

Typically use Menz and a cleanser primarily to remove the stuff on the car and do a little jeweling. Didn't think that newly applied Opti Seal would be as easy to take off by just using a cleanser. Easy enough to try. Appreciate the input.

Dr Oldz
09-05-2017, 02:05 PM
What sealant do you plan on using?

WRAPT C5Z06
09-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Non abrasive paint cleaner or finishing polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantilgh
09-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Just wondering what color you are working with and what you used first that you didn't like?

If it's a lighter color with metallic flake then there may be only so much you can do, but some have products they prefer for lighter colors.

FUNX650
09-05-2017, 07:03 PM
•IMO:
-The best way to remove the presence...
Nay: the very essence of LSPs...is via
the polishing process.

-The Menzerna SF-3500 will
do-the-trick, in short order.

Bob

JeffW
09-05-2017, 08:12 PM
What sealant do you plan on using?

Likely Wolfgang, my age old fav, or UPP my 2nd choice. 2017 Jeep Renegade "Granite Crystal Metallic". The WG should make it look luscious, the UPP should really brighten the metallic.

JeffW
09-05-2017, 08:14 PM
•IMO:
-The best way to remove the presence...
Nay: the very essence of LSPs...is via
the polishing process.

-The Menzerna SF-3500 will
do-the-trick, in short order.

Bob

Easy enough... kinda thought that the Opti-Seal might be tuffer to get off.

Jeff

JeffW
09-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Just wondering what color you are working with and what you used first that you didn't like?

If it's a lighter color with metallic flake then there may be only so much you can do, but some have products they prefer for lighter colors.
Blackfire... Frankly didn't have the depth that I'm used to with Wolfgang, and didn't pop the metallic like I'm used to with UPP. Love BF, just didn't work out on this color this time. In all fairness, it could have been me this time. Don't know how I'm going to decide between WG and UPP; may just have to do half the car in one and the other half in the other. The car is "Granite Crystal Metallic" and the stork delivered it Aug 17.