PDA

View Full Version : Bilt Hamber DSW hazing issue.. please help

boogyman
09-04-2017, 10:41 AM
I bought a double speed wax recently after reading some good reviews, and used on my car.

I've used it 3 times now, and all three times, the wax is hazing severely after a day or two. It almost looks like a coating of oil on water...

The first time, I used Sonax shampoo to clean, clay barred, used Poorboys sealant, and then two layers of double speed wax.

The next day it rained, so the day after that, I went back for a wash. After I wet the car down, I noticed everything was hazy. I cleaned again and waxed again, and same thing after a couple of days.

And I wasn't able to wash my car again for a month or so. On Saturday, I did a basic wash and waxed the roof and hood. Sunday, the car was in the garage all day. Monday, I drove to work, and when I got back, I noticed both roof and hood had hazed again.

Am I not buffing enough? Can anyone tell me why this keeps hazing over?

dcjredline
09-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Ummmm, maybe you should ask over at the Bilt hamber forums if they have one. Autogeek supplies this forum for us to discuss products that they sell. Not to talk about other products. You may or may not have seen that in the rules. It costs quite a bit of money to keep up a forum such as this and its a FREE service to us all as long as we follow some simple rules they laid out for us.

Mike@ShineStruck
09-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Are you not fully wiping the product off?

custmsprty
09-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Ummmm, maybe you should ask over at the Bilt hamber forums if they have one. Autogeek supplies this forum for us to discuss products that they sell. Not to talk about other products. You may or may not have seen that in the rules. It costs quite a bit of money to keep up a forum such as this and its a FREE service to us all as long as we follow some simple rules they laid out for us.

Yeah and 1 forum post in 8 years, that's got to be some kind of lurker record :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Looks like the boogyman woke up from his slumber.