PDA

View Full Version : What to put on - Silver Shiny Plastic Grill that looks like Chrome

RandyD
09-04-2017, 10:37 AM
The grill on my new Honda looks like chrome but is really plastic like a lot of cars today. What do I put on this to protect it? A paint sealant? something like Blackfire Total trim and tire sealant? Any suggestions?

Buster906
09-04-2017, 11:14 AM
I use Mothers chrome spray or Meguiars cleaner in a black bottle and sometimes I use wax or polish. Just depends how the mood strikes me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FUNX650
09-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Mothers California Gold All-Chrome Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-all-chrome-cleaner.html)

:dblthumb2:

Bob

Dr Oldz
09-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Just wash and maintain like regular paintwork. Use whatever wax/sealant you are using on your paint. If you are looking for something with serious durability try DLUX.

Kamakaz1961
09-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Just wash and maintain like regular paintwork. Use whatever wax/sealant you are using on your paint. If you are looking for something with serious durability try DLUX.

I use a sealant.

PA DETAILER
09-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

LEDetailing
09-04-2017, 01:33 PM
I'd go with a spray wax/sealant. I like Meguiar's D156, there are so many good spray waxes offered by AG. Or a high quality quick detailer. Easy on and off, and you probably already own a spray wax.

A great maintenance product for badges, plastic chrome and emblems is Meguiar's new wash plus. I love this product. I was very skeptical and cynical when I first read about wash plus. Wash plus is a very good grill bumper cleaner, especially when paired with Meguiar's MF wash mitt (white MF). No, I'm not a Meguiar's fanboy, their products are affordable and always seem to work as described.

FishyX
09-04-2017, 05:50 PM
If I could go back in time I'd have the grill on my Ford Edge wrapped with that clear bra stuff. I swear you can chip that chrome coated plastic by just looking at it!!!