PDA

View Full Version : xmt360/ poorboys aio blue polish.

Pages : [1] 2

trhland
01-13-2008, 07:25 PM
xmt 360 against poor boys blue polish aio? whats the best aio polish to go with ?

Reddwarf
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
XMT 360 (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-360.html) says it leaves behind a sealant so I would think that the better comparison is with PB Polish with Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-polish-sealant.html). I've used both but not side by side and not paying attention to longevity.

How about you buy both and review them for us! :D

supercharged
01-14-2008, 04:14 AM
xmt 360 against poor boys blue polish aio? whats the best aio polish to go with ?
Poorboy's PwS isn't blue, it's orange!!!

trhland
01-14-2008, 05:59 AM
Poorboy's PwS isn't blue, it's orange!!!they have an aio with carnuba nattys blue. no?

supercharged
01-14-2008, 06:46 AM
they have an aio with carnuba nattys blue. no?
That's more of a polish/finishing glaze.

trhland
01-14-2008, 07:21 AM
That's more of a polish/finishing glaze.im a little confused isnt that an all in one product? similer to xmt360?

budman3
01-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Poorboy's PwC Blue is a very final polish that'll remove light swirls, boost gloss and slickness while adding the carnauba for protection. I wouldn't necessarily call it an AIO becaue it doesn't correct that many swirls and it doesn't clean the paint a lot like others. It's still a nice product which can be used in the place of a glaze to get that little extra look/shine out of the paint before your final LSP.

Poorboy's PwS, on the other hand, is pad dependant depending on the swirls you want to remove, it is an incredible cleaner, is very slick and add a layer of sealant protection. A true AIO, IMO.

I don't know where these products would stack up against 360 because I haven't tried that product...

trhland
01-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Poorboy's PwC Blue is a very final polish that'll remove light swirls, boost gloss and slickness while adding the carnauba for protection. I wouldn't necessarily call it an AIO becaue it doesn't correct that many swirls and it doesn't clean the paint a lot like others. It's still a nice product which can be used in the place of a glaze to get that little extra look/shine out of the paint before your final LSP.

Poorboy's PwS, on the other hand, is pad dependant depending on the swirls you want to remove, it is an incredible cleaner, is very slick and add a layer of sealant protection. A true AIO, IMO.

I don't know where these products would stack up against 360 because I haven't tried that product...
thanks!! how do u like that one? does it remove swirls and leave a nice shine? is it easy to use?

budman3
01-14-2008, 09:06 AM
All PB products are easy to use :). If you are looking for a product to use with another Carnauba product PwC Blue is a nice choice. It can also work with a sealant if you use PwC as a polish, if you work it in like a polish the carnauba won't bond to the surface properly, making using a sealant OK. And if you still want to use a sealant after an AIO and fear bonding issues, PwS is available for that...

Here is an F150 that was polished, PwC blue and then topped with 4* UPP:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/615/1.jpg

And a Highlander that got SSR2.5, PwC Blue and then OCW:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/615/medium/HPIM1205.jpg

trhland
01-14-2008, 09:11 AM
All PB products are easy to use :). If you are looking for a product to use with another Carnauba product PwC Blue is a nice choice. It can also work with a sealant if you use PwC as a polish, if you work it in like a polish the carnauba won't bond to the surface properly, making using a sealant OK. And if you still want to use a sealant after an AIO and fear bonding issues, PwS is available for that...

Here is an F150 that was polished, PwC blue and then topped with 4* UPP:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/615/1.jpg

And a Highlander that got SSR2.5, PwC Blue and then OCW:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/615/medium/HPIM1205.jpg
nice pics thanks for your help !! ill have to give some a try when im outa xmt360. thanks again

Mike T
01-14-2008, 09:54 AM
I used PwS (blue version) on a buddies Tahoe. I believe I used it with a LC polishing pad. This Tahoe never saw much TLC. PwS did a good job of cleaning up the paint, removing some etching and fine scratches. I use it on the plastic trim as well as on the chrome pieces of the SUV. Overall I was pleased, durability seemed to be their for a little while. PwS left a nice bright, reflective finish. I think best for lighter color vehicles and/or Metallic colors.

360 is a great AIO. it removes fine imperfections, has filling properties, cleans up the paint nice and leaves a layer of sealant. If your looking for extended durability I would follow up with a pure sealant. That goes for using either of the two. 360 seems to leave a deeper, glossier finish. Which I prefer for my black car. In the end they are both great AIO's.

PwC is also a great "AIO". I've used quiet a bit, and the finish left is awesome. Its a great cleaner, not so much of imperfection removal. It leaves a nice deep, glossy finish. Great for if looking to follow up with a wax LSP.

trhland
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I used PwS (blue version) on a buddies Tahoe. I believe I used it with a LC polishing pad. This Tahoe never saw much TLC. PwS did a good job of cleaning up the paint, removing some etching and fine scratches. I use it on the plastic trim as well as on the chrome pieces of the SUV. Overall I was pleased, durability seemed to be their for a little while. PwS left a nice bright, reflective finish. I think best for lighter color vehicles and/or Metallic colors.

360 is a great AIO. it removes fine imperfections, has filling properties, cleans up the paint nice and leaves a layer of sealant. If your looking for extended durability I would follow up with a pure sealant. That goes for using either of the two. 360 seems to leave a deeper, glossier finish. Which I prefer for my black car. In the end they are both great AIO's.

PwC is also a great "AIO". I've used quiet a bit, and the finish left is awesome. Its a great cleaner, not so much of imperfection removal. It leaves a nice deep, glossy finish. Great for if looking to follow up with a wax LSP.
thanks mike for taking the time to post this write up!!!

Mike T
01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Of the three, which do you have?

trhland
01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Of the three, which do you have?
xmt and love it .

Mike T
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
I'll see if I can't get you a sample of the other two.