PDA

View Full Version : Crap, now what?

Deano_1
09-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Hey guys,

After spending 5-6 hours last weekend doing the three-step process with Wolfgang Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze and Deep Gloss Sealant, I had my truck looking great. Today however, I managed to scrap up against a metal post.

As you can tell, there are a number of scrapes and scratches in the rear panel, plastic cladding and taillight.

Can this be easily fixed with Swirl Remover? I have very limited experience with wet sanding.

Any suggestion would really be appreciated!

Thanks,

Deano

vobro
09-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Looks to me you're down to metal or plastic, especially at the crease nearest the taillight. Always hard to tell off a pic but looks like you'll need that panel re-sprayed

Deano_1
09-03-2017, 09:49 PM
That is what I was afraid of. $?

TTQ B4U
09-03-2017, 10:47 PM
That is what I was afraid of. $?

Agree. Looks like a new re-spray. Prices will vary. Find out who in your area is known for quality paint work.

mwoolfso
09-03-2017, 11:06 PM
I'd still try buffing it out - cannot hurt. The leading edge by the tail light looks like it is in need of some sanding and some touch-up paint. Not much to lose perfecting your technique there as well. Here is an example that may help boost your confidence.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/51955-how-fix-deliberate-deep-key-scratch.html

Deano_1
09-04-2017, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the link. I might give that a try!

GSKR
09-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Hey guys,

After spending 5-6 hours last weekend doing the three-step process with Wolfgang Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze and Deep Gloss Sealant, I had my truck looking great. Today however, I managed to scrap up against a metal post.

As you can tell, there are a number of scrapes and scratches in the rear panel, plastic cladding and taillight.

Can this be easily fixed with Swirl Remover? I have very limited experience with wet sanding.

Any suggestion would really be appreciated!

Thanks,

Deano

There is no answer to this over the net.I've done stuff worse than that at 95 percent repair.The plastic tail need a new one for sure.