PDA

View Full Version : Car Pro Ceriglass or Cerium oxide or something else for polishing glass and removing scratches?

Hal3134
09-01-2017, 07:04 PM
I see decent reviews for the Car Pro Ceriglass product. However, I wonder why I shouldn't just buy cerium oxide online for less money and use that? I don't have any problem with making my own slurry of abrasives. There's enough resources online to show me how to do it.

I'm also open to other suggestions for products.

Rsurfer
09-01-2017, 07:10 PM
I see decent reviews for the Car Pro Ceriglass product. However, I wonder why I shouldn't just buy cerium oxide online for less money and use that? I don't have any problem with making my own slurry of abrasives. There's enough resources online to show me how to do it.

Go for it. Having a rayon pad on a rotary will make the job easier, but it's tedious and messy.

Polishing glass is not for the faint hearted.

Mike Phillips
09-01-2017, 07:26 PM
I see decent reviews for the Car Pro Ceriglass product.

However, I wonder why I shouldn't just buy cerium oxide online for less money and use that?

I don't have any problem with making my own slurry of abrasives. There's enough resources online to show me how to do it.

I'd suggest asking this same question to the discussion forum these othe suppliers offer to their customers to provide support and answer questions like yours.

After you post your questions to their forums share the links back here so we can read their answers.

:props:

Rsurfer
09-01-2017, 07:30 PM
I'd suggest asking this same question to the discussion forum these othe suppliers offer to their customers to provide support and answer questions like yours.

After you post your questions to their forums share the links back here so we can read their answers.

:props::righton:

dennis hiip
09-01-2017, 07:44 PM
The cost of Ceriglass is negligible since a little goes a long way. BTW, it worked good for me by removing much of the fine pitting.