PDA

View Full Version : Hot Water Setup

flamesagent
09-01-2017, 11:39 AM
Question: I have a cold water pressure washer. The water flow is: Water Tank->Water Pump->Pressure Washer. Between the Water Pump and the Pressure Washer (Subaru 3100psi) I am thinking I can install some form of hot water heater in order to deliver hot/warm water to the pressure washer for output. Trouble is, I am not sure if this can be done and, if it can be done effectively, what type of outdoor water heater could I use (money is a factor). The application is for commercial mobile detailing... not for home use.

Any guidance you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

kb2ehj
09-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm looking at one of these for doing washes with hot water. might work fine for your application also.

Eccotemp Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Point-Of-Use Water Heater-L5 - The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Eccotemp-Eccotemp-L5-Portable-Tankless-Point-Of-Use-Water-Heater-L5/205574393?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-VF-PLA-D26P-WaterHeaters%7c&gclid=CjwKCAjw87PNBRBAEiwA0XAIr_ltHgqfCzp7LW4P8FVM J5WrNHnrQ12xux5rVPI-oTmQfDX82s_9yhoCw2QQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJvKqdubjNYCFcu9swodPbEBMw)

GSKR
09-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Question: I have a cold water pressure washer. The water flow is: Water Tank->Water Pump->Pressure Washer. Between the Water Pump and the Pressure Washer (Subaru 3100psi) I am thinking I can install some form of hot water heater in order to deliver hot/warm water to the pressure washer for output. Trouble is, I am not sure if this can be done and, if it can be done effectively, what type of outdoor water heater could I use (money is a factor). The application is for commercial mobile detailing... not for home use.

Any guidance you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You can add for 1000 or more.Hotsy is a good brand.Expect lots of trouble with hoses bursting. Had one for 5 years and paid 6k for one mounted in a van.

GSKR
09-04-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm looking at one of these for doing washes with hot water. might work fine for your application also.

Eccotemp Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Point-Of-Use Water Heater-L5 - The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Eccotemp-Eccotemp-L5-Portable-Tankless-Point-Of-Use-Water-Heater-L5/205574393?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-VF-PLA-D26P-WaterHeaters%7c&gclid=CjwKCAjw87PNBRBAEiwA0XAIr_ltHgqfCzp7LW4P8FVM J5WrNHnrQ12xux5rVPI-oTmQfDX82s_9yhoCw2QQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJvKqdubjNYCFcu9swodPbEBMw)

Hate to be negative but for 116.00 don't think it will do the job.Hot boxes run on diesel fuel.

flamesagent
09-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Thank you, everyone, for your responses...

Kb2ehj, I did look at the water heater for the link you provided. The problem I am having is that the tankless water heaters, that can run within 30 Amps, have a low flow rate (somewhere around 1.0 GPM) but the pressure washer operates at 2.4 GPM... as I understand it, that only equates to maybe a 20% rise in water temperature on the output. Kind of pointless.

I started looking into pressure water units with heated water and, OMG, I could not believe the pricing... it's huge.

Not quite sure which way to go at this point.