PDA

View Full Version : Glass Scratch From Tint! Please Help!

uhohitsstevo
08-31-2017, 06:09 PM
I got my windows tinted and noticed these lovely joys after. Its not worth my time going back and arguing about it with the owner so I am hoping someone on here has a trick up their sleeve. I would like to just reduce the look of them not necessarily eliminate it. I have used CarPros Glass polish with a glass polish pad and it did nothing! Help me!!!

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (http://imgur.com/1765VLb)
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (http://imgur.com/y3cElee)
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (http://imgur.com/eyPN1z9)

adamgayton81
08-31-2017, 06:16 PM
That's from him using a dull razor. We use stainless steel blades and we keep them sharp so it does not do this. As a tinter to you, you can make them fix it but they will more than likely replace the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
08-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Damn, that sucks. I just got window tint today as well. The place I went to uses a plotter and computer cut film so they don't have to do that on the outside of each window.

DaveT435
08-31-2017, 06:26 PM
That's from him using a dull razor. We use stainless steel blades and we keep them sharp so it does not do this. As a tinter to you, you can make them fix it but they will more than likely replace the glass.

It would be interesting if he just admits it, or if he tries to deny it. If it bothers you I would have them fix/replace it. It's not an unreasonable request. Now you know he did it...and you know he knows he did it...

uhohitsstevo
08-31-2017, 06:34 PM
He already denied doing it. no point in me going back and doing this. I know it was him. Doesn't bother me too much I just want to get it looking slightly better than it does.

adamgayton81
08-31-2017, 06:47 PM
He already denied doing it. no point in me going back and doing this. I know it was him. Doesn't bother me too much I just want to get it looking slightly better than it does.

That really sucks because if he has been tinting for any length of time, he KNOWS he did it. I've done it and I admit it but I made it right to the customer too. Sometimes it happens on accident because he didn't hold his blade at the correct angle or didn't keep it sharp, but just admit it.

yakky
08-31-2017, 07:04 PM
Damn, that sucks. I just got window tint today as well. The place I went to uses a plotter and computer cut film so they don't have to do that on the outside of each window.
Yep, these days not having a plotter/cutter is like a detailer not having a buffer.

uhohitsstevo
09-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Yep, these days not having a plotter/cutter is like a detailer not having a buffer.

Any tips on filling them in slightly ??