PDA

View Full Version : Formulating my winter plan, please check it out and let me know.

JeffsRealm
08-31-2017, 09:46 AM
I am in Michigan, along the coast of the great lakes so winter is rough. Seriously some time we go 12-15 days of snow every day which also brings salt and gunk and grime.

Ok so Back at end of July and beginning of August, claybar, polish, 2 coats of Wolfgangs Deep Gloss Sealant, topped with Pinnacle Souveran.

I plan this weekend another coat of Pinnacle Souveran which should easily get me into October.

Now in October I am looking for warm weekends plan to do another light polish mainly to make sure wax is gone, then get another coat of Wolfgangs Deep Gloss if not 2, going to all depends on the weather on the weekends as it will now be too dark in the evening by the time I get out of work to really get anything done. Once that is cured I want to do a layer of Collinite 845 on there on top. From what I have read this should get me through winter, it will be End of March, early April before I can get to it again.

Or would you go with one coat of Wolfgangs, and try to get 2 coats of Collinite. The Wolfgang's needs 12 hour cure time before I can put anything on top of it.

Thoughts? Sound like a good reasonable plan?

I do not have the space in my garage to do like a water less wash or apply another coat plus too cold in the garage as well. So need some long protection over the winter.

atgonzales
08-31-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm in the Chicagoland area, I have used Colinite 845 exclusively in the Chicago winters, what you have stated below is good plan

Buster906
08-31-2017, 10:13 AM
I say you have a solid plan and quality products

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GSKR
08-31-2017, 10:18 AM
I am in Michigan, along the coast of the great lakes so winter is rough. Seriously some time we go 12-15 days of snow every day which also brings salt and gunk and grime.

Ok so Back at end of July and beginning of August, claybar, polish, 2 coats of Wolfgangs Deep Gloss Sealant, topped with Pinnacle Souveran.

I plan this weekend another coat of Pinnacle Souveran which should easily get me into October.

Now in October I am looking for warm weekends plan to do another light polish mainly to make sure wax is gone, then get another coat of Wolfgangs Deep Gloss if not 2, going to all depends on the weather on the weekends as it will now be too dark in the evening by the time I get out of work to really get anything done. Once that is cured I want to do a layer of Collinite 845 on there on top. From what I have read this should get me through winter, it will be End of March, early April before I can get to it again.

Or would you go with one coat of Wolfgangs, and try to get 2 coats of Collinite. The Wolfgang's needs 12 hour cure time before I can put anything on top of it.

Thoughts? Sound like a good reasonable plan?

I do not have the space in my garage to do like a water less wash or apply another coat plus too cold in the garage as well. So need some long protection over the winter.

Stick with Collinite fleetwax.Do all the jambs and rims.