PDA

View Full Version : Mr "Old School" returns

Mathwiz
08-30-2017, 06:17 PM
I haven't posted on here in a long time, mainly because I just detail my own vehicles and some of the stuff I bought like 10 to 15 years ago still has some in the bottles. I bought a 2015 Hyundai Genesis (Casablanca White Pearl) and it looks like it came off the showroom floor except for a few rock chips and some itsy bitsy tar specks. I washed it with Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove any coatings that was on it and hand rubbed out the tar specks with a microfiber. After that, I applied touch up paint to the rock chips and I must say it came out really well as now even I have to look for the repaired chip places. After paint touch up I put Klasse AIO on it and immediately followed up with Four Star UPP. I know those are some older products but the white pearl looks awesome to me. Now I'm trying to decide between topping it off with Collinite 915 or S100. I say those two because those are what I have on hand.

What say you guys between those two or, is there something better out there now. I'm not beyond buying something new if there would be a noticeable difference.

Actually I have a Groits garage DA polisher and some orange, blue and white Lake Country pads, but I did this by hand because I don't have very much experience with the DA polisher. It probably would have turned out even better if I had used the polisher.

WaxMaster1
08-30-2017, 06:28 PM
If I had used Klasse AIO, I would have followed up with their sealant glaze. Maybe another coat too if you want

FUNX650
08-30-2017, 08:22 PM
After paint touch up I put Klasse AIO
on it and immediately followed up with
Four Star UPP. I know those are some
older products but the white pearl looks
awesome to me.

Now I'm trying to decide between topping
it off with Collinite 915 or S100. I say
those two because those are what I have
on hand.

What say you guys between those two or,
is there something better out there now.
If you are going to layer something
on top of the 4*UPP, then, if I were
you (and it's been over 12 hours since
you applied that layer of 4* UPP) I'd go
ahead and apply another layer of 4*UPP.

Why mess with the awesome look
that the 4*UPP gives to your vehicle...

Bob

Mathwiz
08-30-2017, 09:09 PM
If you are going to layer something
on top of the 4*UPP, then, if I were