PDA

View Full Version : Paint Wash/Shampoo Product Choice

Route246
08-29-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm preparing the wish list for my next order for a two-bucket wash shampoo product. Narrowed it down to these two:

http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-sio2-auto-wash-128.html

http://www.autogeek.net/opt200128.html

I have a ton of Meg's, CG and a few other wash shampoos but I'm ready to try something new. I only buy gallons these days and I'm not price sensitive. $30 for the Optimum or $50 for the McKees is not a deal maker or breaker.

I am a hobbyist and I am a passive fanboy of McKee's and Optimum so I need to make a choice. I'm washing four vehicles with LSPs: Fuzion, 476s, Optimum wax, Fuzion spray wax and Blue Hydro coating.

There is obviously no bad choice here to be made. It's like having the two prettiest girls wanting to go to the prom with you.

Any comments welcome.

LEDetailing
08-29-2017, 06:50 PM
I would go with Optimum since the majority of your LSP's are more traditional sealants as opposed to coatings.

I like Optimum car wash, one of the best. I like Meguiar's HW only marginally better due to HW dilution ratio makes HW more economical.
Optimum smells better though:)

Like you said, cannot go wrong with either.

LEDetailing
08-29-2017, 06:52 PM
I want to try Mckee's new coating, car wash, APC, and 36O AIO.

Dr Oldz
08-29-2017, 07:51 PM
I've always liked the way Optimum shampoo worked. Cleans well, good lubricity, easily rinses away and smells awesome.

Eldorado2k
08-29-2017, 07:56 PM
Carpro Reset

spazzz
08-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Carpro Reset

I agree, Reset for 2 bucket wash, plus Optimum car wash in the foamer and the Gold Class for my wheels.

I should be getting the Opti-coat M-wash tomorrow. I am anxious to see if it is similar to reset.

Route246
08-29-2017, 09:06 PM
I agree, Reset for 2 bucket wash, plus Optimum car wash in the foamer and the Gold Class for my wheels.

I should be getting the Opti-coat M-wash tomorrow. I am anxious to see if it is similar to reset.

No gallon or 5-liter quantity available?

spazzz
08-29-2017, 09:10 PM
No gallon or 5-liter quantity available?

Not that I saw.

I thought the same thing about the opticoat no rinse. It's pricey but I had to get that and some Hyper seal, just because.

Route246
08-29-2017, 09:22 PM
Not that I saw.

I thought the same thing about the opticoat no rinse. It's pricey but I had to get that and some Hyper seal, just because.

My garage is too full of products now, by choice, but it is a problem of lack of storage space so I need to narrow this down to a few brands. Wolfgang, McKee's, Optimum, Megs, Sonax and Collinite are my choices at this point. It is simply a matter of logistics, not cost, not product quality or effectiveness, just a lack of space to hoard more products. My garage runneth over.

spazzz
08-29-2017, 10:20 PM
I just noticed your cars are sealants. I would use Optimum car wash then.
I needed more Opti-seal but I bought 2 Hyper seals instead..the other two 16 ounce bottles of stuff will go quick.