PDA

View Full Version : 3d aat correction glaze aio

asap2stacks
08-29-2017, 03:39 PM
All weekend I have been checking out 3D's AAT CORRECTION GLAZE AIO and was wondering if anyone has used it yet and it's comparison to HD Speed or Menzerna 3 in 1? It's about $70.00 for a 32oz bottle which doubles 3D's other AIO product HD Speed which I've had very good results with on multiple different vehicles and correction ability. Can anyone enlighten me before I commit to this purchase.

CCCoating

The Guz
08-29-2017, 04:05 PM
May want to consider Meguiar's new D166 as well.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/115423-hd-speed-vs-megs-d166.html

asap2stacks
08-29-2017, 06:24 PM
I'll place it on my next order would like to see a nice review on this one first as well

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

mwoywod
08-29-2017, 07:11 PM
All weekend I have been checking out 3D's AAT CORRECTION GLAZE AIO and was wondering if anyone has used it yet and it's comparison to HD Speed or Menzerna 3 in 1? It's about $70.00 for a 32oz bottle which doubles 3D's other AIO product HD Speed which I've had very good results with on multiple different vehicles and correction ability. Can anyone enlighten me before I commit to this purchase.

CCCoating

It's seriously incredible and by far the best AIO I've ever used.

I used on freshly repainted panels to easily provide additional gloss and protection that will easily last 3 months and will not prevent the paint from outgassing which it's curing.

It's nearly identical to speed which is what I use 99% of the time. 505 correction glaze doesn't gum up pads as much as HD Speed but that is being awfully nitpicky.

Both products are easier than anything else on the market and neither will stain trim which in my opinion is a massive bonus when using an AIO.

D166 is great when a little more cut is needed, but on soft porous paints HD Speed and 505 correction glaze are still in a league of their own.

asap2stacks
08-29-2017, 09:10 PM
It's seriously incredible and by far the best AIO I've ever used.

I used on freshly repainted panels to easily provide additional gloss and protection that will easily last 3 months and will not prevent the paint from outgassing which it's curing.

It's nearly identical to speed which is what I use 99% of the time. 505 correction glaze doesn't gum up pads as much as HD Speed but that is being awfully nitpicky.

Both products are easier than anything else on the market and neither will stain trim which in my opinion is a massive bonus when using an AIO.

D166 is great when a little more cut is needed, but on soft porous paints HD Speed and 505 correction glaze are still in a league of their own.

Now that's the response I was looking for thanks man I think I'll add it to my collection.

CCCoating

The Guz
08-29-2017, 10:08 PM

With D166 being new to the market we have yet to know how it works on soft or porous paints. Until others get their hands on it none of us know as of yet.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-30-2017, 02:23 AM
Have you used D166 on various soft black paint systems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwoywod
08-30-2017, 02:23 AM
With D166 being new to the market we have yet to know how it works on soft or porous paints. Until others get their hands on it none of us know as of yet.

I received my gallon of D166 on saturday and have already used 10-12oz. of D166. So while I need to do alot more testing, based on my initial experience I feel I can say that it absolutely does cut better, wipes off easier, and performs unlike any other AIO that megs has.

On monday while I was polishing a black 1961 lincoln Continental with original lacquer paint that was extremely soft and porous, for me personally, D166 didn't perform well under these circumstances.

Today I used it on a 1949 repainted/restored Cadillac with a 2-stage paint. The paint was on the harder side and D166 cut more, finished identically, and wiped of just as easy as HD speed. D166 was the better option today (and more cost effective) for the Cadillac when it wasn't having to cope with all the paint residue building up on the pad like it was on the lincoln continental.

I'm sure as I use D166 on more and more vehicles, especially newer modern vehicles with harder paint systems, my opinions will change. But the feedback I gave was based on real world experience....from the past two days.lol

mwoywod
08-30-2017, 02:32 AM
nope, just one. I have an unrestored single stage red Ferrari 512bb that was dropped off at the gallery yesterday so I'll have another chance to try it. I know that soft 2-stage paint is very different from single stage, but they both can be very porous and can quickly dry up the lubricating agents in polishes because of residue.

I should probably wait to share anymore opinions until I use it on a few black porsche's and honda's lol

Justin at Final Inspection
08-30-2017, 04:24 AM
Did a comparison thread on speed vs 505 and they are very similar as mwoywod pointed out. Wipe off is great and it polishes out nicely. Imo it's not worth the added cost over speed. Maybe if it was only a few dollars more but at 70$ it's a premium price.

briarpatch
08-30-2017, 06:05 AM
here's a link to a thread by Nick from 2016 on 505:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/106367-3d-aat-505-correction-glaze-like-speed-but-better.html