PDA

View Full Version : Packing day

Buster906
08-29-2017, 09:53 AM
This morning the packers are here. Two days to pack the house and one day to put everything on the moving truck. Then we are out of Texas. North American is moving us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
08-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Good luck!

Packing and moving is such a huge job. The times I've had to do it I've also used the occasion to clean house and let things go...

:)

PA DETAILER
08-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Very stressful. Good call on a moving company. Used them twice to move.

Buster906
08-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Well I am in the Army so the movers are contracted through the Army. We have given to Habitat for humanity and Goodwill throughout the year getting ready for this couple of days. Cleaning will be done once the house is empty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
08-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Sweet. Moving is not cheap!

GeekWeek
02-18-2020, 02:03 PM
The success of any move is to get smart movers. Sometimes we get lucky with transport companies and we don't think about our stuff because they do everything for us. How do you like North America?
By the way, we once had a terrible experience with a moving company. They damaged our furniture that we ordered from the Italians for our interior. As a result, the sofas had scratches, and the tables arrived without legs, which simply fell off during "careful" transportation. Moreover, they managed to break our crystal dishes, but the box was written "fragile". It was terrible. And what do you think, they didn't even reimburse us for this damage. But we don't have time to sue them, so we just blacklisted them and told all our friends and acquaintances about them. So they don't fall into their clutches like we did. So when we found the man and van london (https://www.man-van.co.uk/) company, we were very afraid that they would also damage our belongings. But fortunately, this is a proven company, which was advised by a friend and they coped with their task. We were lucky to find these guys who know their stuff. They moved our things safely, and gave us a discount as a large family. We are very grateful to them for this.

Buster906
02-18-2020, 03:32 PM
The success of any move is to get smart movers. Sometimes we get lucky with transport companies and we don't think about our stuff because they do everything for us. How do you like North America?The driver was detail oriented. The two individuals hired by the Army left much to be desired. Nothing was packed by each room. Once we began to unpack, finding items for each room was frustrating.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
02-18-2020, 03:42 PM
The driver was detail oriented. The two individuals hired by the Army left much to be desired. Nothing was packed by each room. Once we began to unpack, finding items for each room was frustrating.

Where are you stationed now? And thank you for your service.

Buster906
02-18-2020, 04:20 PM
Where are you stationed now? And thank you for your service.I completed my years and retired. We reside Spokane. Last posted at Fort Hood

Rsurfer
02-18-2020, 04:25 PM
I completed my years and retired. We reside Spokane. Last posted at Fort Hood

Your probably too young to fully retire. Any idea what you will be doing?

Buster906
02-18-2020, 05:29 PM
Your probably too young to fully retire. Any idea what you will be doing?I retired March 2018. I am working for my second retirement