PDA

View Full Version : Essence+ and High Spots?

MikeC78
08-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Will Essence + help level high spots of a coating? Specifically Opti Coat 2.0. My first time using this product and there are a few areas that didn't get leveled properly. Im trying to get away with polishing again and applying product, but I don't believe i can circumvent this. Thanks for any help.

Mike

zmcgovern45
08-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Since OC2.0 has been off the market for years now, I assume this is an old application you are referring to? If so, the high spots are likely to be quite hard by now and I would personally suggest using an abrasive polish or compound to remove them.

Essence Plus is a non-abrasive "glaze" type of product meant to be used on top of a coating to help fill in light swirl marks/superficial defects while boosting protection. A high spot is the opposite of a scratch in that it is excess material on top of the surface, not missing material, therefore there is nothing to fill in or hide. I believe your only chance would be to use Essence Plus with an abrasive pad in an attempt to do some minor correction.

MikeC78
08-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Since OC2.0 has been off the market for years now, I assume this is an old application you are referring to? If so, the high spots are likely to be quite hard by now and I would personally suggest using an abrasive polish or compound to remove them.

Essence Plus is a non-abrasive "glaze" type of product meant to be used on top of a coating to help fill in light swirl marks/superficial defects while boosting protection. A high spot is the opposite of a scratch in that it is excess material on top of the surface, not missing material, therefore there is nothing to fill in or hide. I believe your only chance would be to use Essence Plus with an abrasive pad in an attempt to do some minor correction.

Thanks for the reply, Zach! Always good to hear from you. Actually, this application was applied about 3-4 weeks ago. It was just an old "new" tube laying around. You confirm my theory as well. I'll try what you recommended, if not, regular essence should do the trick with a coating reaply. (Was trying to get away without a new application) Thanks again and I hope all is well down south. ;)

zmcgovern45
08-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Happy to help.

Given the age of the coating, I wouldn't have used it personally. Most manufacturers give a 1-2 year shelf life for their unopened coatings... if my memory serves me right, OC2.0 has been off the market for over 2 years. Hopefully it holds up for you.

MattPersman
08-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Did you try poliseal or is it too late. Been several years since I used opti coat 2.0. But remember being able to take away high spots with poliseal pretty easily.

Essence should take it off as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk