PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845

Pages : [1] 2

warmachine
08-27-2017, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone, so im hopefully gonna be applying collinite Tuesday if the weather permits it. But have a couple questions. And first, i applied megs ulw couple months back, should i strip it? And how would i strip wax?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

spazzz
08-27-2017, 09:52 PM
The only way to get bare paint is with a light polish unless there is some voodoo floor wax stripper scenario that works.

Seriously the only 100 percent solution is a light polish. Follow that with a paint prep to remove leftover oils and polish residue.

DSVETS7R
08-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone, so im hopefully gonna be applying collinite Tuesday if the weather permits it. But have a couple questions. And first, i applied megs ulw couple months back, should i strip it? And how would i strip wax?

You read my mind. I have some 845 on its way and plan on applying it too. Helpful thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

warmachine
08-27-2017, 10:14 PM
The only way to get bare paint is with a light polish unless there is some voodoo floor wax stripper scenario that works.

Seriously the only 100 percent solution is a light polish. Follow that with a paint prep to remove leftover oils and polish residue.Might end up polishing it. I still have some HD speed. Is it a bad to just wax over the megs?

warmachine
08-27-2017, 10:15 PM
You read my mind. I have some 845 on its way and plan on applying it too. Helpful thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProIve had this wax going on a week and a half now. But its been raining and finally looking like its gonna be some good weather. Ive literally been looking at the bottle everytime i open my lil detail cabinet haha.

spazzz
08-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Might end up polishing it. I still have some HD speed. Is it a bad to just wax over the megs?

I have put 845 over ULW. I am pretty sure I applied ULW in spring and just went over it with 845 in fall.
Then again I was using D156 as a drying aid so I never really noticed any kind of degradation because it wasn't applied to bare paint.

Comparing it to when I did my sisters outback with 845 after a polish job, I didn't notice any difference. Once again I was using D156 on her car the same way.

warmachine
08-27-2017, 10:40 PM
Hmm i might just put it over ulw. I just wasnt sure if i had to take ulw off. Im still kind of new to detailing. Everything im learning is from this forum. I just love seeing peoples work.

DSVETS7R
08-27-2017, 10:48 PM
Have you checked out Obsessed Garage on YouTube ? If not I highly recommend it.

Route246
08-27-2017, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't waste time. 845 works fine over something like a synthetic wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmachine
08-27-2017, 10:49 PM
Have you checked out Obsessed Garage on YouTube ? If not I highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProNot at all, first time actually hearing about it. But ill definitely be checking it out.

DSVETS7R
08-27-2017, 10:51 PM
Adams strip it works pretty good at stripping paint for prep polishing. You could always use dawn ultra dish soap as a severe stripping agent soap

warmachine
08-27-2017, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't waste time. 845 works fine over something like a synthetic wax.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOk cool, i just want everything to go smoothly and be informed. Pretty excited to finally being able to apply it.

warmachine
08-27-2017, 11:06 PM
Adams strip it works pretty good at stripping paint for prep polishing. You could always use dawn ultra dish soap as a severe stripping agent soap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProHmm never thought about using dawn. I need to try some of Adams products.

FUNX650
08-28-2017, 01:11 AM
Hmm never thought about using dawn.

Good; keep that stuff in the kitchen!!

Bob

Coopers ST
08-28-2017, 03:37 AM
Hmm never thought about using dawn. I need to try some of Adams products.

Keep the same thought about dish soap.