PDA

View Full Version : Video: THE BEST WHEEL CLEANING BRUSHES !!!

Pages : [1] 2

OrangeVee
08-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Hi guys!

Today, I bring you a video in which I present what I believe to be the best wheel cleaning brushes among a selection of the most popular ones.

Enjoy!

In English:

http://youtu.be/siZhhnve-84

In French:

http://youtu.be/QVn0d5FKEAc

DogRescuer
08-27-2017, 03:36 PM
Thanks

Klasse Act
08-27-2017, 03:47 PM
First off, great video!

IMO the best wheel brush is the one that works best for YOUR unique wheels, they are all unique to some degree. That said, IMO, the Speed Master is my go to wheel brush for a couple reasons. Number one, it fits under my calipers, so I don't have to switch up, I just keep on going. I feel that even if I had a BBK the Speed Master would just flatten out and get up underneath there, I'm sure there's exceptions like those 15" rotors and monster calipers, LOL!

For cleaning the faces I just turn the Speed Master sideways and finish the job, no issues. For the tires I like 2, the Mothers tire brush and one that looks like the Tuff Shine brush. Because of various aspect ratios you kinda need 2, low profile and normal profile, whatever that is, LOL.

Keep up the good work here, its much appreciated!

RippyD
08-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Super video.

OrangeVee
08-28-2017, 12:37 AM
First off, great video!
Keep up the good work here, its much appreciated!

Thanks! And yes in the video I share my thoughts on what I believe to be the best for my routine and my use. But what ever brushes work for each individual is fine. I just thought I'd present a big selection of the most popular ones out there, as I've pretty much tried them all over 20 years of detailing...

Thanks for your support!

OrangeVee
08-28-2017, 12:38 AM
Thanks!

evo77
08-28-2017, 09:21 AM
I'm loving that Gyeon mf wheel brush. I much prefer that material over bristles, especially when only doing RW. I need something that is flat enough to fit in between the rotor and barrel as well as the caliper and barrel. On our Dodge Caravan its extremely tight!

MattPersman
08-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Good stuff Pan

Didn't know there was a Gyeon brush. How does it hold up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeVee
08-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Good stuff Pan
Didn't know there was a Gyeon brush. How does it hold up?

Thanks for your comment Matt! It holds up super well. Reminds me of the Microfiber Madness Incredibrush. These microfiber wheel brushes really hold up super well, and wash off easily just spray them with your pressure washer after use and that's it!

MattPersman
08-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Thanks buddy! Appreciate it. Now to talk myself into buying one. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill1234
08-30-2017, 09:00 PM
I feel you cant have one brush... I might get the green bristle one and then the tuff shine one

OrangeVee
08-31-2017, 03:14 AM
I feel you cant have one brush... I might get the green bristle one and then the tuff shine one

Exactly, you need a few to get all the jobs done. That's why I have at least three at all times (one for tires, one for the face and one for the barrels).

DogRescuer
08-31-2017, 04:32 AM
I am not a fan of low profile tires.

DogRescuer
08-31-2017, 04:46 AM
The mothers contoured tire brush does not work for me and here's why, the handle. I can't seem to put enough pressure on the tire using that handle, it just felt awkward I guess do to wimpy wrists. So I bought a similar cheaper version yes at WM and had a friend cut the handle off making it flush and I love it, I get even pressure all around.

Calendyr
08-31-2017, 09:01 AM
Completelly agree with you on the Tuff Shine brush. I only discovered it this year after watching a video from Scott with Dallas Paint Correction. This brush is amazing. Perfect form to do tires. I wish I had know about it years ago.

For the barrels, I use the wheel woolies. Sometimes it's an issue with very big disk/caliper wheels. I have a brush I picked up at Canadian tire that looks exacly like the easy detail one, it's probably made by the same company. I never use it because I am scared of scratiching the paint with the stiff nylon bristles. But I should really give it a try for large calipers wheels.

An other excellent video from you, thanks for sharing.