PDA

View Full Version : Interior Windshield Cleaning

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kenmsax
08-26-2017, 08:17 AM
I'm struggling to get my inside windshield clean without streaks. Invisible Glass leaves way to many streaks behind. Actually got best results with ONRWW, but don't like the smell it leaves behind. Any product suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

01GreyStangGT
08-26-2017, 08:23 AM
McKee's 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-glass-polish.html)

Best I've used for inside glass.

PouncingPanzer
08-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Actually got best results with ONRWW, but don't like the smell it leaves behind.

WHAT!? But it smells like snozberries. I want to drink it lol.

In regards to Invisible Glass, others on here myself included, have been having intermittent issues with it streaking or leaving blotches behind. I have realized it tends to do it more as the can has less and less in it.

It doesn't matter so much the product, as it does the towel. I have found that glass cleaners I don't like work great with the right towel. Waffle weaves FTW. Right now I'm using D120 glass cleaner at minimum dilution.

kenmsax
08-26-2017, 08:53 AM
WHAT!? But it smells like snozberries. I want to drink it lol.

In regards to Invisible Glass, others on here myself included, have been having intermittent issues with it streaking or leaving blotches behind. I have realized it tends to do it more as the can has less and less in it.

It doesn't matter so much the product, as it does the towel. I have found that glass cleaners I don't like work great with the right towel. Waffle weaves FTW. Right now I'm using D120 glass cleaner at minimum dilution.I don't mind the smell. Just don't like it in my car if that makes sense.

I do have a waffle weave glass towel. Do you use that for applying cleaner and wipe off, or just wipe off?

kenmsax
08-26-2017, 08:58 AM
McKee's 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-glass-polish.html)

Best I've used for inside glass.Looks interesting. My car is new so I don't get the vinyl/plastic gas hazing/cloudiness .

GSKR
08-26-2017, 09:19 AM
I'm struggling to get my inside windshield clean without streaks. Invisible Glass leaves way to many streaks behind. Actually got best results with ONRWW, but don't like the smell it leaves behind. Any product suggestions?

The problem is the soot that is clinging to your glass.Take water and a eraser pad clean the entire windscreen make sure you clean all the edges really good.Then dry and continue using stoners. Saturate glass clean all corners first and bring it to the middle of glass and wipe.Next step is to repeat for the final pass.Your towels play a big part in this.Paper towels such as bounty are terrible for glass cleaning.Buy a microtowel the size of your hand short nap and wash with warm water first then throw it in the dryer without any fabric softener.you will need 4 towels for this.Sounds crazy but glass cleaning needs technique.When you spray stoners wipe it before the foam breaks down .If not your just smearing alcohol or any lingering residue.

GSKR
08-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Section the glass from passenger to the rearview mirror.Then drivers side to rearview mirror.

Bruno Soares
08-26-2017, 10:01 AM
I really like Carpro Eraser for inside the glass. Cleans very well, no streaks, and smells great :)

boomdone
08-26-2017, 11:28 AM

Really? I've used it on a few cars and found that it leaves a haze that takes lots of towels and glass cleaner to remove. Feel like I'm not saving any time with all the effort it takes to remove. It cleans well but I've found it to be less efficient than just using regular glass cleaner.

GSKR
08-26-2017, 12:13 PM
I really like Carpro Eraser for inside the glass. Cleans very well, no streaks, and smells great :)
Eraser is great for new car interior cleaning works awesome on black interior as well.

GSKR
08-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Really? I've used it on a few cars and found that it leaves a haze that takes lots of towels and glass cleaner to remove. Feel like I'm not saving any time with all the effort it takes to remove. It cleans well but I've found it to be less efficient than just using regular glass cleaner.

Follow my instructions and you will be very happy.

boomdone
08-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Follow my instructions and you will be very happy.

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

Rmd
08-26-2017, 12:44 PM

I agree. I loathe interior windshield cleaning and have tried a few methods over the years. I was impressed with this product. Used a MF applicator and did the windshield in about 6 sections. You have to rub it in a bit, it's not just a wipe on product. After working a small section I gave it about a minute and wiped off with a short nap microfiber towel. I think i used a Costco one. For me, the wipe off was going to make it or break it for this product, and it came off easily, the towel didn't grab at all.
Prior to this, the towel would not move easily, there would be patches that created a lot of drag on the towel, which made cleaning that much more difficult. It was outgassing residue, the car is new and no smoking or anything like that in it. 20/20 took out the haze and left the glass feeling smooth. I will use it every few months from now on.

GSKR
08-26-2017, 12:49 PM
If the towel didn't absorb than its a crappy towel.The best micros you can buy besides ag is home depot there yellow and white .

GSKR
08-26-2017, 12:51 PM
Very imperative on the towel. Or steel wool very fine cleans great.