PDA

View Full Version : Hose Spray Nozels?

Pages : [1] 2

willowcat11
08-26-2017, 01:40 AM
Anyone else have a hard time finding a Solid durable and Dependable Fireman style hose nozel?

I've tried them from Auto Zone, Walmart, and Advance Auto and am always having problems with them either having uneven spray(never forming a full cone when spraying), or leaking or whatever else ails them.

Im hoping to find a tried and true reliable Sprayer.

Any great suggestions out there?

Thankyou!

FUNX650
08-26-2017, 02:12 AM
• Ultimate Hose Nozzle (UHN):
-has a Lifetime Warranty.

•I use the Ultimate Watering Wand:
-same Fireman's nozzle as the UHN
-same Lifetime Warranty as the UHN

Bob

Eldorado2k
08-26-2017, 02:21 AM
Personally, I've never liked the fireman style nozzles. I don't find their spray pattern to be ideal for 1 of most important visually gratifying things in regards to being a car detailer/connoisseur of impeccably clean automobiles. Lol.... That thing being beading. I love beading, and I want to be able to get the best view of it when I'm rinsing a vehicle off with the nozzle... And it gets no better than on the "shower" setting.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170826/105d18d8c8f8786f63ef37fc85b664b9.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170826/e9f3693a46870135010ad003f61eae7a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170826/b645a2465e7a4a5542c0d3660127de6c.jpg

... And on the other hand, at least IMO, it gets no worse than with the strong forced stream of a firemans nozzle. How can anyone relax and enjoy beading with 1 of those nozzles? Lol.

I believe I accidentally stumbled upon what so far has been the most durable, non leaking, quality built, wallet friendly, hose spray nozzle.

I was actually going to settle for a lousy fireman nozzle @wallyworld because they were out of the cheapo 7 pattern "blue car wash" nozzle that usually lasts no more than a month or so when I kept walking around the store...

I kept walking and thinking about how I didn't really want that fireman nozzle and then I thought about garden hoses and walked over to the lawn and garden section and found a new world of stuff including much higher quality metal hose nozzles. Best of all it only cost like $10.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170826/b78c643f21b3ac78be692c44d378a96e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170826/c7bb8a23db6c05c502ac8af8b8453338.jpg

I put some Loctite on it + a quik connect and this nozzle is over 3months old and has zero leaks! Strong settings that click, and a perfect shower setting for my beading enjoyment. Best hose nozzle I've ever had and it's not even close.

The only thing it's missing is a proper "full" setting that the cheapo blue nozzle does have, which is ideal when initially filling your soap bucket because it's not too strong [too strong of a stream can lead to an overflow of suds and not enough water] But it's definitely not a dealbreaker. A little patience is all that's needed to fill the soap bucket.

Sorry if this was a long post, but yea... it's an Orbit nozzle.

DBAILEY
08-26-2017, 02:49 AM
Eldorado.....I've been using that same spray gun since this spring. I think it not having a trigger and a valve on top is what is making it last. I like it too. Last weekend the rubber ring that you grab to change the spray pattern came loose and fell off so I had to glue it back on, but its definitely the most durable cheapo spray nozzle that I have use. I switch over to a fireman's nozzle for the final rinse after prep washing to flood the surface.

Eldorado2k
08-26-2017, 03:02 AM
Eldorado.....I've been using that same spray gun since this spring. I think it not having a trigger and a valve on top is what is making it last. I like it too. Last weekend the rubber ring that you grab to change the spray pattern came loose and fell off so I had to glue it back on, but its definitely the most durable cheapo spray nozzle that I have use. I switch over to a fireman's nozzle for the final rinse after prep washing to flood the surface.

I quit using any nozzles that have a trigger on the backside a while back when the cheapo [they're All cheapo] 1 I was using suddenly decided to break without warning causing me to totally lose grip on the hose which resulted in a runaway hose flying away from my hand and luckily, and I mean luckily landing no more than a foot away from a flawless paint panel. It was a near disaster, and ever since that day I will never ever use a trigger nozzle that's built as shown in Visitors 3rd picture... Those type of nozzles are a disaster waiting to happen because they will eventually break and catch you by surprise.

If I buy a trigger nozzle that dang trigger can only be in the front that way it simply collapses in your hand instead of flying out of your hand. Trust me it can and will happen and those cheap nozzles are a risk. Lol.

Right on! The nozzle is sweet, you know what's up. :)

dcjredline
08-26-2017, 08:00 AM
Griots Garage makes one. Now you will probably say that $99 is too much to spend but you didnt qualify that (that I saw) originally.

willowcat11
08-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Not too long at all man! Excellent post, pictures, and points made about the satisfaction of the beading coming from the type of garden Sprayer you shared. That looks like a REALLY Cool Sprayer! You said I can find them at Walmart?

Thankyou E2K!

willowcat11
08-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Griots Garage makes one. Now you will probably say that $99 is too much to spend but you didnt qualify that (that I saw) originally.

I'm welcoming ALL options! Thankyou for posting this one dcjredline! I'm going to check it out.

willowcat11
08-26-2017, 12:11 PM
• Ultimate Hose Nozzle (UHN):
-has a Lifetime Warranty.

•I use the Ultimate Watering Wand:
-same Fireman's nozzle as the UHN
-same Lifetime Warranty as the UHN

Bob

Bob, I was searching for this one on google. Is it called the (Bon Aire) Ultimate Hose Nozzle?

FUNX650
08-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Bob, I was searching for this one
on google. Is it called the (Bon Aire)
Ultimate Hose Nozzle?
No...It's the one by HISC:
The Horticultural Institute of Southern California

Bob

ducksfan
08-26-2017, 06:52 PM
I have one similar to Eldorado2k's. Mine is made by Ikris and I bought it on line for $20. No quality issues with mine. Very smooth operation and I would definitely buy again. It has a shower spray that's is excellent at allowing you to only get water where you want it (Great if your only washing part of a vehicle and don't want to deal with overspray.).

dennis hiip
08-26-2017, 09:13 PM
Costco.. I bought 3 for about $15. I think that they work great.

Route246
08-26-2017, 11:41 PM
Search "Gilmour PRO" which are available on the west coast at Home Depot. They are also available via mail order. Make sure you get the "PRO" line. They have multiple variants. Professional landscapers I know swear by these.

willowcat11
08-27-2017, 02:20 AM
Thankyou everyone for all the great suggestions! I'm checking them all out!

DogRescuer
08-27-2017, 04:36 AM
Eldorado do you ever check your mail?